We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Herend factory tour worth the time

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bluffton, South...
reviews: 28
Is the Herend factory tour worth the time

I'll be in Budapest for a couple of days in October. The last day of the river cruise takes us to the Herend factory. Is it really worth the time with so much to see in Budapest?

Bath, UK
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 38
1. Re: Is the Herend factory tour worth the time

There is probably a link between the tour company and the factory - the visit is to encourage sales: unfortunately this is a common idea in Hungary (I have heard of coach visitors to Esztergom spending a short time in the town, then being dumped at a glass factory for 2 hours and encouraged to buy).

If it is possible to aovid this I would, as you say there is a lot to see in the city. If you are desperate to buy good china, plenty of shops in the city sell it.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
reviews: 9
2. Re: Is the Herend factory tour worth the time

It is not worth it in all likelihood if you are not interested in fine china generally and Herend in particular, and its production, at least when compared to all sorts of things you could do without leaving Budapest. For a person who has an interest in Herend china to start with and a sense of its history, it's pretty fascinating and an interesting detour.

budapest
3. Re: Is the Herend factory tour worth the time

I really liked the visit to Herendy factory, but then i do collect china. To compare it with something similar - i would say it is more interesting than visit to Murano glass factory (- even if i collect murano glass as well).

singapore
reviews: 140
4. Re: Is the Herend factory tour worth the time

I cannot imagine not going to Herend factory if you collect or have an interest in fine porcelain however if this is not the case, then a tour of the factory could be incredibly boring.

5. Re: Is the Herend factory tour worth the time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, December 14, 2013