We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hand painted eggs

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
highland lakes texas
reviews: 134
Hand painted eggs

Is this a Budapest item? I love the eggs and wondered where I would be able to find them when I get to Budapest in May. Or are they only out at Easter time?

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 27
1. Re: Hand painted eggs

You can always buy these at the central market as well as at the finer Hungarian handicraft store on Vaci Utca. I find the largest variety in the stalls on the back wall on the mezzanine in the market.

highland lakes texas
2. Re: Hand painted eggs

Is the market open every day or just on weekends? Thanks so much. This is one shop I will plan on going to. Just have to look it up to find out how to get there!

Phoenix, Arizona
3. Re: Hand painted eggs

It closes early on Saturday and opens for the week Monday morning. This is generally considered a "must see" in Budapest.

See the TA reviews:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g274887-d276…

highland lakes texas
4. Re: Hand painted eggs

Great! I will be there during the weekdays!

Phoenix, Arizona
5. Re: Hand painted eggs

Make sure you budget at least 2-3 hours for the market. Better still make time and room for an authentic Hungarian breakfast and/or lunch while you are there. This is the one place where you can get something for everybody back home: hand embroidered hankies, lace, paprika in colorful containers, etc, etc. Also, you can grab lots of goodies to take back to your room to munch on later.

highland lakes texas
6. Re: Hand painted eggs

Great idea! We will plan accordingly! 2-3 hours shopping and lunch! Any one particular vendor for lunch? We love every food! Well...maybe not liver (for my husband), but me, yes, even liver!

Silver Spring...
7. Re: Hand painted eggs

I mssed finding the handpainted eggs when I was in Budapest. Is there any way to order them on line from the US?

Edited: 6:34 pm, December 29, 2012
highland lakes texas
8. Re: Hand painted eggs

I don't know if you can - probably. There were many to choose from in the market. Loved all that I bought and got them home without breaking. Good luck!

9. Re: Hand painted eggs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 31, 2013