We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarette Prices Budapest

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 7
Cigarette Prices Budapest

Hi

Can someone please tell me the current cigarette prices in Budapest?

I am travelling there next week and want to buy B&H and Marlboro Lights, also is the limit 3200 back to UK?

Appreciate any help.

33 replies to this topic
North Pole, Alaska
reviews: 13
1. Re: Cigarette Prices Budapest

Marlboro Lights run around 680HUF a pack, not sure about B&H.

South Australia
reviews: 12
2. Re: Cigarette Prices Budapest

Currency exchange check www.xe.com

London, United...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Cigarette Prices Budapest

Thanks all

London, United...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Cigarette Prices Budapest

Approx £20 for 200. There is conflicting information on websites ranging between 200 per person to 800 per person duty free. You dont get the same duty free allowance as elsewhere in Europe but not sure why not.

Penzance
reviews: 9
5. Re: Cigarette Prices Budapest

If you look on the Heathrow airport website it tells you how many.Just a word of warning.Check what your buying if you use the great market.

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 27
6. Re: Cigarette Prices Budapest

Terence: Why the comment about the central market? Are you just talking about cigarettes or other things there? Do you feel you got cheated on one or more items? Can you expalin further?

Penzance
reviews: 9
7. Re: Cigarette Prices Budapest

I thought we were all talking about cigarettes.I bought some B & H from there in 200s.Some were real and the rest were fake.

Edited: 12:37 pm, February 17, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 27
8. Re: Cigarette Prices Budapest

do you mean they weren't quality Hungarian but rather Romanian or Ukranian? You have to read the country or origin on the carton. But, fake ? I've been to a cigerette plant and it takes hugely complex and expensive machinery to make them.

Bath, UK
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 38
9. Re: Cigarette Prices Budapest

I used to work for a major whisky producer: a colleague had a photo on the wall of his office of him standing in a factory yard in the Czech Republic, surrounded by hundreds of cases of our major brand - all fakes (from memory they were filled with tea fortified with grain alcohol.).

So yes, fakes of international brands exist everywhere, it is a huge 'business', which, in the case of whisky, the SWA do their utmost to combat.

As for the OP, he should be aware that major cigarette brands bought in places like Hungary may have been produced in the Ukraine, rather than the US/ UK. He should draw his own conclusions from that statement.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
10. Re: Cigarette Prices Budapest

The limit is 800 cigarettes before questions are asked - it changed in October 2011 hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/arrivingeu.htm

And I can vouch for what RomanCitizen says above - I am working on a similar 'whisky' case and it is more widespread than you might think.

Reply to: Cigarette Prices Budapest
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted