We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to NH Budapest hotel

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
reviews: 17
Airport to NH Budapest hotel

Can anyone tell me the best way to do the above?

What bus if any etc. If going by taxi what should i expect to pay or haggle at?

Cheers.

Bristol, United...
1. Re: Airport to NH Budapest hotel

oh, nh hotel is a very good hotel. i was there last week at a hotel visit. :)

there are 3 ways to get there.

1st: taxi (appr 3-4000 forints)

2nd: airport minibus transfer (app. same price)

3rd: public transportation (3*185 forints=555 forints) 1st take the airport bus to kőbánya kispest metro station. than take metro until nyugati pályaudvar stop. than take tram number 4 or 6 until jászai mari tér. (its just 1 stop)

Preston, United...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Airport to NH Budapest hotel

thanks budapest183 for the advice.

belfast
reviews: 8
3. Re: Airport to NH Budapest hotel

Hello Budapest183

Can you tell me?

Is the NH be easy to find once of the tram as I am following your instructions.

Or can I walk from the metro - what would the hotel directions be.

I appreciate all your help, as I would worry that once I did all the transport I couldnt find the hotel on foot.

Many Thanks for any advice

Bristol, United...
4. Re: Airport to NH Budapest hotel

its very easy to find i think! you cans ee it from the street!

if you take the tram (1 stop to the direction margit híd), if you look out the window on the right hand side, as the tram goes there will be a very nice building, a little more inside from the street (its a theater), and the hotel is just right behind it, you can see the whole hotel at the right hand side of that theatre! (there is a street next to the theathre on both sides!)

so its very easy to find. and its not a long distance, so if you dont have heavy packages, you can walk there easily even from nyugati metro station! just a few minutes! just go to the direction to the margit bridge, and you'll see the hotel's sign if you look at your right hand side :)

Bristol, United...
5. Re: Airport to NH Budapest hotel

oh, and if you can't decide which direction is good for you, than here's another thing:

you come up from the underground, and look around. first you have to see the tramlines. theres only 1, so you can't miss it. and there will be a huge train station (nyugati train station, thats why the name). i dont think you can miss it, its a huge metal and glass building. (i mean its huge for me, for new yorkers for example who lives between skycrapers it could be small :) ) sooo. if you found that and found the tram, just face the train station, and start walking left.

of course it depends on where you come over from the underground, coz there are a lot of directions.

first, one side there are 3 escalator lines, on the other side its a 4-line escalator. take that one. and if you come up there, you should see a lot of steps (i mean on lot of directions) take the first one to your left hand side, that will take you to the right direction, its the stop for the tram, and the direction is signed there as well.

and if you are lost no matter of these knowledge, you can ask anyone there. I go that way every day coz of school and its always crowded, so im sure you can find someone who is speaking english and can help you. :)

Bristol, United...
6. Re: Airport to NH Budapest hotel

i almost forgot. if you decide to walk, the easiest is to take the 4-lines escalator, and when you are up, just go to the right hand side, and to the surface, there wont even be steps that way, than if you see at your left side the trams, you are on the right direction, and all you have to do is watch your right hand side for the hotel, you cant miss it. :) (you cant miss the theather, and the hotel is there:) )

belfast
reviews: 8
7. Re: Airport to NH Budapest hotel

Brilliant! I cant go wrong with those directions....I am going there this Friday, and thanks to you I will find it no problem.

Thanks for all your info.

:)

Budapest
8. Re: Airport to NH Budapest hotel

a usefull site:

www.justbookit.hu/index.php…

private airport transfers

Lighthouse Point...
reviews: 4
9. Re: Airport to NH Budapest hotel

I've used OHB (Online Hotels Budapest) for transportation to the airport from our hotel (City Hotel Matyas). Here is their website:

programs.ohb.hu/transfer/index.en.html.

Very reasonably priced, punctual, efficient, professional and English speaking driver. Cost was $24 in a comfortable Mercedes!

This company also can book hotels and has several special offers/packages on its website.

Have a great time!

Lighthouse Point...
reviews: 4
10. Re: Airport to NH Budapest hotel

I've used OHB (Online Hotels Budapest) for transportation to the airport from our hotel (City Hotel Matyas). Here is their website:

programs.ohb.hu/transfer/index.en.html.

Very reasonably priced, punctual, efficient, professional and English speaking driver. Cost was $24 in a comfortable Mercedes!

This company also can book hotels and has several special offers/packages on its website.

Have a great time!