We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New visitor

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
reviews: 2
New visitor

My wife and I will be visiting Budapest in February (1-4) next year staying @ the Marriott.

I am just after some basic "tourist-type" info on what we can expect on weather, food, people, places to see etc..

Any ifo would be appreciated, alternatively any links to good web sites for guides etc.. would also be most welcome.

Cheers

Halifax Yorkshire
reviews: 8
1. Re: New visitor

The weather will be freezing , the people are lovely, food is o.k lots of international places as well as local. Places to see I would say a guided tour we took a small 10 person tour it was a little more expensive but well worth it, 4hrs of wonderful sights. It helps you find out what is where it is such a big place. A trip on the river at night is wonderful if they are still running at that time of year. And a must is the Thermal Baths, we went to the one near hero's square. It is massive very cheap, but on a cold day it will be wonderful with all the hot thermal springs, and you can stay for up to 8 hrs, inside and outside pools all of hot temp.Therre is no shortage of things to do, even if the weather is not good, there is a super indoor market I hate markets but this one is interesting. So enjoy, most people speak a little English and your Hotel will give you lots of advice and Information.

Wellington, Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: New visitor

See my post in regard to Agnes Antal, an independent guide in Budapest. She is GREAT!

Palmbeachman

The Villages...
reviews: 109
3. Re: New visitor

If you plan on going out on your own definitely by a transportation pass. You can use the train, tram, trolley and bus. Its a best buy. Go to Margaret Island (bus)if not too cold, you can walk around the island and see the Danube from all sides., Go to town of Szentendre, lots of shops and places to eat and museum. (train up, boat back, takes care of sailing on the Danube. Definitely go to OBUDA - three places a must, first the Varga Collection - fantastic, then Vasarely Museum and there is also a Folk Art Museum there.

Castle Hill and Gellert Hill are also places to visit.Walk Vaci street (Pest Inner City) and it will run you right to Freedom Bridge and the Central Market, shopping and eating upstairs - great place to buy everyting you need. We found Frommers Budapest and the Best of Hungary travel book very good. We stayed at the Thermal Hotel Margitsziget for 3 weeks in 2005 and plan on going back for 3 week in 2007. Lots to see in Budapest. jonbarb709@juno.com

London
reviews: 3
4. Re: New visitor

RYBURN

What was the name of the small tour that you did and how do I get hold of them?

Going this weekend - very excited

T