We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very short stay in Budapest

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Netanya, Israel
reviews: 32
Very short stay in Budapest

Hi

We are two pensioners in our 70s. We are scheduled to arrive on a Monday afternoon in mid-September at Budapest airport for a nine hour stopover. We plan to use a tax service to and from central Budapest to make a sightseeing city tour of about two hours before returning to our plane.

We'd appreciate recommendations for a suitable route, allowing for photo taking, with maybe a coffee stop in an interesting place.

Your help would be most appreciated

Diana

Budapest
reviews: 3
1. Re: Very short stay in Budapest

I would get hold of a guide with car that could pick me up at the airport, and then directly start the guided tour from there, and then continue on for two hours. After that a nice meal somewhere, and then with a taxi or with the guide from the restaurant back to the airport!

In that way you would get the most out of your time, and get to see much of Budapest in few hours!

There are several guides that could offer this, so just look around!

Netanya, Israel
reviews: 32
2. Re: Very short stay in Budapest

Thanks Travelboy - it sounds like a good idea to begin the guided tour straight from the airport. I already contacted a company recommended in a Trip Advisor article (City Taxi) but am not sure if the drivers are also guides.

Anyway - I will check.

Again - many thanks for your advice.

Hungary
3. Re: Very short stay in Budapest

Hi,

try this page, there are many sightseeing bus with the price also.

hope, find something!

budapestinfo.hu/en/…sightseeing_by_bus

4. Re: Very short stay in Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, October 05, 2009