We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

extreme weather season in hungary ?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
reviews: 8
extreme weather season in hungary ?

Hi

For example, where i come from we have something called an "extreme weather season" which lasts a week or so.. its not much "extreme" weather where i come from, but they still call it that because its probably the most "extreme" weather that is here all year.

I was wondering if hungary had an extreme weather season and if someone know when it was.. where i live it seems to be around september.. The reason i would like to know is because i would like to see some or a great thunderstorm(s) in budapest while im there

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
reviews: 87
1. Re: extreme weather season in hungary ?

Hello exceed,

Fortunately for us and regrettable for you - there isn't much extreme weather that hits Budapest on an annual planned basis. Thunderstorms? We had a couple this week with nice lightening - but the ability to predict when these arrive is difficult. There hasn't been an accurate weather forecast here for at least 10 years!

So, unless another poster knows better, sorry - there is nothing too extreme here!

Happy travels,

Jeremy

Stockholm
reviews: 19
2. Re: extreme weather season in hungary ?

Hi,

Hmmm, I would say that "extreme" weather is relative to were you live. Since I live in you neighboring country I guess we have the same opinion on what's extreme. To me the weather in BP, if not extreme, at least it's not normal to scandinavian standards. Extremly hot summers (which I like) and freezing cold winters (even for scandinavians). Rainy springs, the last spring I was there (3-4 yrs ago) the shores of the Danube where flooded 3m above the rakparts. (The streets next to the river)

I have experienced a thunderstorm from the top of the citadel that gives you a great view over the city. But still, for a real thunderstorm experience go to Switzerland!

Oslo, Norway
reviews: 8
3. Re: extreme weather season in hungary ?

Thanks for your replies :)

4. Re: extreme weather season in hungary ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 04, 2009