Hello, Budapest travelers! If you've come to the forum, you probably have some questions you'd like answered. This is a great place to do that, especially if you need specific advice on a hotel, apartment, restaurant, event, whatever.
If your question is general, it has probably already been answered, so it's a good idea to try to search the forums before posting it. New questions tend to start up great discussions, so going back to the original will get you a lot more (and often more impassioned) information.
So, here is a list of the most commonly asked questions on the forum, along with links back to some good posts on the subject and some general information.
1. Money - as of Feb, 2008, Hungary does not use the Euro and will not start any time soon. Hungarian currency is the Forint, the current exchange rate can be easily found at http://www.xe.com/ucc/. Yes, Hungary has ATMs and they probably take your bank or credit card.
Search for "exchange" or "ATM" for more.
2. Airport transfer and transportation - Most people on the forum recommend Zona Taxi or the Airport Minibusz. Search either term for loads of posts.
3. Safety and scams - check out the "How not to get ripped off" thread and the Know Before You Go section.
4. Which bath house/baths/spa should I go to?
(The quick answer is Szechenyi ;-) )
5. How can I take the train to/from Budapest to <any European city>? Should I buy tickets online? Should I get a Eurail pass? Are the trains safe?
6. Which is the best district/area/street to stay in? Will I be near the center and the sights?
Also, search "buda pest"
I hope the other regulars will add anything I missed and that, like the How not to get ripped off thread, this will be deemed worthy of periodic bumping (and will actually be useful to travelers!)