We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lugagge Question for Train from Krakow to Prague to Budapest

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 92
Lugagge Question for Train from Krakow to Prague to Budapest

I plan to take a day train from Krakow to Prague and from Prague to Budapest because I really enjoy train travel and want this to be a leisurely trip (no rushing from airports or weird uncomfortable overnight train berths). Can anyone tell me how the day trains work for luggage. If I have a wheeled suitcase are the aisles wide enough for it? I admit I am not a light packer so I expect to have one small carry-on wheelie suitcase and possibly a shoulder bag. Is the luggage kept close by or do you have to stow it at the end of the train somewhat out of sight? I wasn't sure if these trains were like commuter rails or really built for long distance travelers. If I visit the bathrooms or food car would be luggage be safe or do I need to always carry it with me.

Thanks for your help.

Bristol, United...
1. Re: Lugagge Question for Train from Krakow to Prague to Budapest

hi,

if your wheeled suitcase is not the biggest on earth, you will have space between the aisles.

regarding to the luggage rack, in europe (or in hungary, i travelled by train only in europe, munich was the furtherst destination by train) there is no such thing like luggage rack at the back of the trains. over the seats you have racks, there you can put your luggage (advisable not to pack it too heavy, otherwise you wont be able to lift it :) ). well, if you go to the toillett, i dont really see how you would be able to bring them with you (it wont even fit in the toillets, since they are quite small, and i wouldnt put anything on the floor there....), but otherwise you should not leave your lugagge unattended. and of course keep your most important things always with you (i mean passport, money, etc...).

2. Re: Lugagge Question for Train from Krakow to Prague to Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, September 06, 2009