We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Graz

Which Ljubljana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wilkesboro, North...
reviews: 30
travel from Graz

Hello,

I am staying in Graz and wish to tour Slovenia. It looks like so much to see in a day. Where to begin?

I was thinking Graz-Maribor-Ljubljana-Postojna and back to Graz. There is also Lake Bled.

What should I see and what to cut out? any advice is welcome.

Marcia

Ljubljana
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
reviews: 112
1. Re: travel from Graz

You should definitely rent a car and limit your choices. Theoretically it would be possible to start early, drive via Maribor and Ljubljana to Postojna cave, have lunch in Ljubljana and then return via Bled to Graz.

Maribor, Slovenia
reviews: 61
2. Re: travel from Graz

I would skip Postojna cave and go to Škocjan cave http://www.park-skocjanske-jame.si/eng/, under Unesco Heritage, worth every step. Especially if you want to see something outstanding.

Before returning to Graz I would recomend a short stop in Maribor for late lunch or dinner + great icecream in the old city centre.

Wilkesboro, North...
3. Re: travel from Graz

thanks for your response. I will consider renting a car. It sounds like that would be the best option.

The rail travel is slow.

thanks!

Wilkesboro, North...
4. Re: travel from Graz

thanks for your response. Sounds like a good plan. I think to will focus on Maribor (Ptuj and Celje). the caves you mentioned sound great. I appreciate your time.

marcia

5. Re: travel from Graz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 09, 2015