We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling by train/bus from Budapest to Venice

Which Ljubljana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nijmegen, The...
reviews: 2
Travelling by train/bus from Budapest to Venice

Hello,

I planned on travelling from Budapest to Venice by night train, but I heard some very bad stories about the experience (mainly about the train crossing so many borders). Therefore I'm looking at some alternatives, cuting the travelling time in 2.

One of those options is staying in Ljubljana for one night and travelling further the next day. But somehow I can only find a train on the trenitalia website which leaves in the middle of the night (02.28). Since I'm taking my 60-year-old mother with me, this doesn't seem to be a good idea.

So, does anybody know how often trains go from Ljubljana to Venice? Once a day seems an oddly low number. Or are there other options when traveling from Budapest to Venice which are worth recommending?

Bled, Slovenia
reviews: 3
1. Re: Travelling by train/bus from Budapest to Venice

EN440 a night train is the best, with no changing train/bus! Via Ljubljana/Slovenia! You will cross 2x time borders. But is not complicated!

Try to find a flight! 2xtimes daily...

Edited: 11:28 am, June 04, 2011
Hartford...
2. Re: Travelling by train/bus from Budapest to Venice

How do you make a reservation for the night train from budapest to venice? Thanks

Bled, Slovenia
reviews: 3
3. Re: Travelling by train/bus from Budapest to Venice

In Slovenia is ticket to buy some days ahead or last time 30 minutes before dep.

How is in Budapest, ask in Budapest forum, please Or is somebody with experience!

Edited: 12:25 pm, June 15, 2011
4. Re: Travelling by train/bus from Budapest to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, October 04, 2012