We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Julian Alps

Which Kranjska Gora hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sussex, England
reviews: 2
Julian Alps

I am visiting Slovenia soon and would like to spend a day walking one of the routes in the Cicerone guide to the Julian Alps. I'm a reasonably fit 49 year old used to hill walking, but not rock climbing. I'd like to walk 10 - 15 miles / 16 - 24km. For the walk, I will be based at Lipica, so will have to drive to the start and back to Lipica again in the evening. I can't decide which walk to do. All suggestions and tips gratefully accepted.

Mike

Bled, Slovenia
reviews: 3
1. Re: Julian Alps

May be is not good if you start alone...?

ask:

http://www.3glav-adventures.com/

SLO
2. Re: Julian Alps

Hy

From Lepena to Krn lake. It takes about 2 1/2 hours in one way. It is easy trip.

If you want you can then also go from Krn lake to Mt. Krn. It would take about 2 1/2 hours in one way.

…hribi.net/hiking_trip/…281

One of the best trips is also this trip on link:

…hribi.net/hiking_trip/…108

If trip in prior link is to long you have alternative for same destination:

…hribi.net/hiking_trip/…110

Kranjska Gora
reviews: 1
3. Re: Julian Alps

Hello there,

I would suggest the sleme to tamar route in the book. its not a difficult route but it depends on the weather and please take a phone with you if you go alone. Also let somebody know were you are going and your contact details.

Jay

4. Re: Julian Alps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, December 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kranjska Gora