We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping

Which Slovenia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
belfast
Camping

I am planning to camp when in Slovenia in August for about six nights. Can anyone recommend good campsites, with swimming pool and good facilities for tents. We will have a hire car and I had considered staying in too areas Bled and Piran.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
reviews: 215
1. Re: Camping

Close to Bled is Camping Sobec, which is a pretty place and ranks high in the annual evaluation even on the European scale. They don't have a pool, but there is a semi-natural pond for swimming, which is even more attractive. More info at http://www.sobec.si/ang/index.htm

There are no camps in Piran, but there are several in vicinity - Portoroz, Lucija or Strunjan. However all Slovenian coastline campings are rather small and very crowded during August, so I could not make a specific recommendation.

London
reviews: 2
2. Re: Camping

We spent a few weeks in Slovenia last summer and would really recommend it. One thing to bear in mind is that it is very busy in early August and much less so later in the month once German and Dutch schools have gone back. If you have to travel early in the month, Sobec and all the other campsites will be very busy - OK but busy. Suggest you try to arrive late morning so you get the pick of the pitches vacated that morning. It was a regular sight to see lost souls wandering around in the late afternoon desperately trying to find somewhere to pitch up. There is another campsite about 20km up the road towards Bohinj in Bohinjska Bistrica as an alternative.

New Zealand
3. Re: Camping

We camped on the edge of Lake Bohinji, just south of Bled.

The camp ground was brilliant, pay xtra to get a lake front site.Gorgeous for swimming and you can walk around the lake(great track) in half a day. Just loved it there.

Bled is also great but I like Bohinji better.