We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving trip

Which Warsaw hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
Driving trip

We'll be renting a car at the airport in Warsaw upon our arrival. Spending 2 days there than on to Krakow for another 2, then on to Zakopane for a day, Budapest for a day and then to Praque for a couple more before driving back to Warsaw. We've gotten a lot of good ideas from this forum on things to do but would appreciate any advice about driving through these areas?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
31. Re: Driving trip

There is another, more contentious, view of course - We all see Americans on TV and in the movies with their perfect teeth ... our European teeth cannot stand so much ice water or ice-cold drinks!

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
32. Re: Driving trip

FYI, when on the go we freeze bottles of water the night before so we have ice-cold water in the car - not perfect, but a sort-of solution. Also keeps the snack bag cold, so sandwiches stayfresh and chocolate does not melt!

Wroclaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Wroclaw, Poland
reviews: 108
33. Re: Driving trip

Maybe we should store icicles in winter and use them during the summertime ;)

When I go on a road trip I never store drinks in my car - I just stop at gas stations and buy fresh and cold ones. Or hot coffee which in fact is quite good at our Polish gas stations. And when I take sandwiches with me I store them in one of those small portable cooler boxes that you can buy in any supermarket. That works just fine with me, I don't need to carry bags of ice with me...

Durham, North...
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
reviews: 29
34. Re: Driving trip

ted61, you can get bottled water pretty much everywhere in Poland. for ice your best bet is a supermarket (the bigger the better) or making ice yourself at your hotel the night before (or asking hotel staff to prepare them for you). anyway, temperatures in Poland are rarely that high that you really need ice. and even then, we just prefer to use ac in our cars to cool down or we buy a cold drink at a petrol station ;)

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
35. Re: Driving trip

Thanks to everyone here. You all have been very helpful. Its those little challenges that make travel so enjoyable.

36. Re: Driving trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw