We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit in march...football queery?

Which Poznan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dumfries
reviews: 10
visit in march...football queery?

Coming over on 5th march for 3 nights with 11 others.Staying at Don Prestige Hotel near square where town hall is.Lech Poznan playing at home on the saturday 6th march.Would it be easy enough to get tickets at ground on day of game?What time is kick off normally?How far is ground from centre?

Is there a bowling alley near to where we are staying?

Poznan, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poznan
reviews: 52
1. Re: visit in march...football queery?

Hi Mccoji,

I'm not a big fan of football so my information may not be 100% accurate but:

as far as I know, because of the big stadium rebuilding, Lech is playing their games at remote locations. I've tried to find where match of March 6th is played but did not find any info. Hope biz&leisure is better informed and will post a reply. I don't know about tickets availability but they could be purchased on-line from http://www.lechpoznan.pl/. The stadium is close to the city centre - about 15 minutes by tram.

In Poznan there are 2 good bowling alleys, both very close to each other: one is Niku Bowling at Piatkowska street (you may reach it by bus), second is Fantasy Bowling at Plaza Mall - about 15 minutes ride by tram no 16 from city centre (tram stop is about 100 m from your hotel). It is always a good idea to book lanes in advance if you plan playing at Friday, Saturday or Sunday evening. If you need any help with it, let me know.

There is also a bowling club at Rataje area but it is rather small and difficult to reach.

Anyway, feel free to ask more

best

VooVeek

Dumfries
2. Re: visit in march...football queery?

Thank you, Vooveek.

Have e mailed club regarding tickets.It is my youngest sons 21st and I have taken him away for the weekend.

Probably try the bowling saturday afternoon.Where would I buy a tram/bus ticket.

If you are in Poznan,come along and I will get you a drink.

Jim

Poznan, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poznan
reviews: 52
3. Re: visit in march...football queery?

Hi Mccoji,

Tram/bus tickets may be bought at newspaper stands around the city and some ticket machines in some prominent tram stops.

If you prefer to go bowling Saturday night, it would be better to book lanes in advance. Let me know if you need some help with that.

Good drink is always good ;)

Best

VooVeek

Gdansk, Poland
4. Re: visit in march...football queery?

It was confirmed last month that Lech will be playing in Poznan in upcoming round, but the audience is limited to 12,500 due to the reconstruction works.

Dumfries
5. Re: visit in march...football queery?

Thanks both.Maybe that is why I never got a reply from club.

Poznan, Poland
reviews: 2
6. Re: visit in march...football queery?

Hi Mccoji,

Sorry for the late answer, I somehow never got an email notification on this thread...

As Wujekjanusz informed above, Lech will be playing at home this season. Due to the construction works, the audience will indeed be limited, but it is also the reason why they probably won't sell as many season tickets as they usually do (around that number) - this is why I think there's a chance of getting the tickets before the match. However, I suggest you visit one of their tickets & merchandise shops in the city as soon as you arrive - I think one of them is somewhere half way Polwiejska street (pedestrian-only area between the Old Brewery and the Old Market Square). As it will be one of the first matches this season, with a team that is among our "friends" (Cracovia) and after some time they had played here, there may be quite many people trying to get in to see the club and the stadium. By going to the ticket shop in advance you will increase your chances of getting the tickets or at least save on going to the stadium just to be told you won't get in... You could theoretically buy the tickets on-line, but I think you need a fanclub membership number in order to log in, so unfortunately it won't work for you.

Regarding the bowling - I think VooVeek already gave you all the information you need. Of the two I prefer Niku Bowling, but Fantasy Bowling is easier to reach (take any tram - 12, 14, 15, 16 - going to Os. Jana III Sobieskiego and get off at the Poznan Plaza/Lechicka stop) and there's also a few shops and a food court around it if you arrive too early. As for tram/bus tickets, you can get them at most newsagents', small convenience stores and there are also ticket machines available at some stops. For your convenience, you can consider getting daily/weekly tickets.

I hope this helps. As always, feel free to ask in case you need anything else.

Rgds,

B&L

Poznan, Poland
7. Re: visit in march...football queery?

Hi Mccoji,

Some bad news for you (unless you somehow managed to purchase tickets in advance...).

According to today's press, the tickets for the Saturday game are virtually gone. Of the 12 thousand seats available at this stage of the construction works, over 9 thousand were sold as season-long tickets, and the remaining 3 thousand for the match were gone quickly.

You can have a brief look here - poor translation quality, but I'd say the gist is understandable :) translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c…

Even though, I hope you will enjoy your time in Poznan :)

Rgds,

B&L

Dumfries
8. Re: visit in march...football queery?

Many thanks for thinking about us.We will be flying into Poznan tomorrow evening from Edinburgh.How is the weather?The reason I ask is that my sons will be wearing their kilts when they come over.I think it will be cold.Looking forward to visiting Poznan.

Poznan, Poland
9. Re: visit in march...football queery?

It looks like it'll be a little below zero during the weekend (I'd say min -5, max 0), with likely moderate snowfalls and some sunshine. So yes, could be a bit cold in a kilt I believe :)

Dumfries
10. Re: visit in march...football queery?

Weather was fine Vooveek and Biz+Leisure.Thanks for all your comments and advise.Just home recovering from a very sociable time in Poznan.Didn't get to game but watched it live on tv in Bee Jays.Got to see my own team live on tv But had to go to the Sheraton hotel as no one else had sky sports.Lovely people in the Sheraton who couldn't do enough for us.We stayed in the Don Prestige and I couldn't recommend it enough.Great position,accomodation comprised of 4/5 rooms per appartment,and reception staff were the nicest people I 've ever met.

Get answers to your questions about Poznan