We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

some info please

Which Poznan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
some info please

I went to Krakow in March and enjoyed the whole experience. Was gonna go again in December with my daughter and sister but airfares and availability has made us book to go to Poznan instead.

Are there any good websites that give good info on Poznan...ie; hotels, where to eat, history, shopping etc etc..?

Or has anyone out there got any tips or info they could share...?

Many Thanks

Warsaw
1. Re: some info please

Try This link:

…poznan.pl/mim/strony/turystyka/index.html…

Washington DC...
reviews: 179
2. Re: some info please

I'm a big fan of In Your Pocket!

http://www.inyourpocket.com/poland/poznan/en/

When I lived in Krakow, this was my survival guide, and I was almost never let down.

I only spent a few days in Poznan, and I enjoyed it very much. The art museum was lovely -- a lot of Polish artists that I wasn't familiar with, but enjoyed. I was there in Nov., and there were barely any tourists there at all--just a smattering of Germans.

Fort Atkinson...
reviews: 2
3. Re: some info please

If you are going in December I have some tips for you. I know some say Poznan is not that interesting in comparison with cities like Krakow and Gdansk. Although that's true to the extend of the old buildings (Poznan was signifficantly more destroyed during the war and was smaller to begin with) unlike many other Polish cities Poznan has more going for it than just remnants of the ages past. For example: parks. I recommend: Wilson park (with historic hothouses, tropical fish, orchids, etc.), Solacz park (bring something to feed the ducks!), Malta park (artificial ski hill with ski lift/rentals, inner-tube rides, skating ring, etc. lots of fun in the winter). Opera house (Teatr Wielki) has something going on every evening in winter (worth spending $10/person for performance just to see the late XIX opera house inside),also Musical Theater (ballet etc.) and there are number of very good concerts going on in the city as well. There is live music in number of pubs and clubs every weekend (jazz!!). Shopping: Old Browar Mall (award winning mall with great atmosphere shopping and restaurants), Poznan Plaza Mall (Imax 3D Theater with at least 5 different films showing daily). Of course much described Old Town with churches (Fara!) as well as the Cathedral complex on the island on Warta River. Finally, don't just stay in the city: if you are spending more than a weekend here find out in your hotel if you could book a day tour to one of the palaces (Rogalin, Kornik, etc), horseback riding places (ton of stables around the city). Restaurants; city center: Cocorico (french/polish), Corcovado cafe (great sea food/eclectic) Cymes (polish/jewish food); suburbs: great Polish traditional fare at "Mlynskie Kolo" in Antoninek district(take a taxi and go during the day - it is a cool looking place!). Those are my favorites but there is a ton more to choose from. About hotels I don't know that much because I have a flat here and my friends come and stay with me and not in a hotel. I hear good things though about the Vivaldi Hotel in Winogrady district. Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Poznan