We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag Doo in Wroclaw - a good idea ?

Which Wroclaw hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, UK
reviews: 3
Stag Doo in Wroclaw - a good idea ?

I am investigating potential stag doo venues for 2007. I'm hoping that there will be around 10 lads in total (all around 30 years of age) and wonder if this is a suitable place. I would be grateful for some advice on the following.

1) Price Of Beer

2) Is the place safe ?

3) Are English welcome (we are well behaved)

4) Places to go / places to avoid

5) Suitability for a stag doo

6) Hotels (Radisson ?)

A lot of questions here, but any help is appreciated !!

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
reviews: 18
1. Re: Stag Doo in Wroclaw - a good idea ?

wroclaw is great....what an old town center!....full of life ....you will have a great time

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
reviews: 18
2. Re: Stag Doo in Wroclaw - a good idea ?

i would stay in one of the hotels on the charming kielbasnicza street....or if you want a good value the tumski hotel is a bit further out....i;m not keen on the location of the radison....its out of the way and nothing going on around it....everything is cheap in poland..... and the old town area of wroclaw is truely wonderful....there are an amazing amount of bars,disco and restaurants to choose from....this is well kept secret...i've been 2 times and look forward to a third

Bristol, England
3. Re: Stag Doo in Wroclaw - a good idea ?

I went there in June on a stag weekend, and it was fantastic. I didn't see any trouble, nor once did I feel unsafe. I felt safer than most UK cities put it that way. The price of beer is about £1 for a half liter stein/jug. That's if you drink Polish beer I think it's spelt LEICH and PIAST. It's better tasting than some of the stuff we get here anyway!! There's a huge square, which we went to every time we went out. I don't think there was anywhere else to go that would compare, so we stuck to there. It's so big it'd take you a few days to work yourselves round the bars anyway!

There were twenty of us on this stag do, and we were all out watching England V Paraguay, and there wasn't even a sniff of any bad feeling towards us. In fact the Poles seemed to love the idea that we would all go away because one was getting married!

As for other members of the public, it was just passing curiousity, rather than hostility.

The Radisson is a nice hotel, clean, modern, fantastic rooms and bathrooms for the price. We paid £30 each per night sharing. It's a bit of a walk to the square, but it's straight along the same main road, and takes about 10-15 minutes, so we didn't really notice it.

I tried to book somewhere closer, but having stayed there now, I'd stay there again, it ain't far. If you get a taxi back, it costs about £1 anyway!!

Didn't really feel there was anywhere not to go, but a few lads went off to find a lapdancing club, and the taxi driver seemed to go on a bit of a detour!!

I'd definitely recommend it, you won't find anywhere cheaper to have such a great time. The bars are great, so are the clubs. The service in hotels and restaurant is right up there, and then there are the women of Wroclaw!! Stunning!!

Have fun

Cheshire, UK
4. Re: Stag Doo in Wroclaw - a good idea ?

Bristollad, thanks for the help. Is there enough going on to keep us happy for 3 nights ? I have been to Riga 3 times before and hope that Wroclaw will have a similar feel (different countries I know but a compact old town etc).

Wroclaw
5. Re: Stag Doo in Wroclaw - a good idea ?

1/ in bar 1-2$ 1/2 l Main marks: ZYWIEC, LECH, PIAST(local)

INT marks - 2-5$ (GUINNESS 0,33 in shop-2$)

2/ looks safe, but I live there from my born...

3/ It is simple 650 000 people town in central europe

4/ market place where life is going had about 100 places to spent a time after 8 pm,

Ostrow Tumski is mediewal churches area- kind of "priest city"- most odf homes belongs to church. 200 y.o.Botanical Unversity garden is close.

From Ostrow get boat to zoo and Hala Ludowa (hundred year Hall) one of bigger reinfoced concret construction from first years XX century. We have more 100 bridges on 5 rivers in Wrocław.

Radisson Hotel is opposite Panorama Racławicka It is rond building exposing big wall painting where Poles fight with Russians in end of XVIII century. Its strange show from end of XiX century. Nearby its museum.

5/ ?

Other q?

Cheshire, UK
6. Re: Stag Doo in Wroclaw - a good idea ?

Thanks for your replies. I will certainly be going to Wroclaw and look forward to it !

Lichfield, UK
reviews: 1
7. Re: Stag Doo in Wroclaw - a good idea ?

I go next weekend - will let you know how our 9 stag do gents get on.

Wroclaw
8. Re: Stag Doo in Wroclaw - a good idea ?

If you want to drink a some (polish?) beer together in Wrocław- send me on priv.

Lichfield, UK
reviews: 1
9. Re: Stag Doo in Wroclaw - a good idea ?

Where are the best clubs for 80s music?!?!

Wroclaw
10. Re: Stag Doo in Wroclaw - a good idea ?

Bad Q. I don't know

Get answers to your questions about Wroclaw