We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rzeszow to Lviv (and return) by daytime bus or train

Which Rzeszow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wexford, Ireland
Rzeszow to Lviv (and return) by daytime bus or train

What is best way to travel from Rzeszow to Lviv in September,2013. Most posts are now a bit dated and Some posts referred to long border delays.

My wife and I thinking of flying from Dublin and spending two days in Rzeszow and traveling on to Lvov for say 3/4 days; returning to Rzeszow and flying back o Dublin. I don't fancy night train from Krakow via Rzeszow as it arrives in Lviv very early at about 0600. Are there daytime local trains or buses we could get from Rzeszow. Can we simply buy tickets at the train/ bus station in Rzeszow to Lviv. Or must we buy tickets for travel up to the border and then buy tickets across the border in Ukraine for onward travel to Lviv. Can anyone advise on the best way to arrange travel from Rzeszow to Lvov and back by train or bus? Many thanks. Kevin

2 replies to this topic
London
reviews: 12
1. Re: Rzeszow to Lviv (and return) by daytime bus or train

Also planning a Rzeszow to Lviv trip in February next year. Did you have any luck Kevin? There are a few of us and so maybe a taxi wouldn't be too expensive?

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
reviews: 14
2. Re: Rzeszow to Lviv (and return) by daytime bus or train

theres no easy way to cross that border as the eu ends there....2 1/2 hours minimum to cross....somewhat faster if you know how to bribe the ukranian guards....supposedly you cannot do that anymore to the polish guards...if you stay in the much closer to the border city of przemysl, you can have the cab take you to the border and walk accross....i hear its faster....then take a marushka for the 1 hour trip to lwow....for awhile there was talk of streamlining the border crossing by train....i dont know when or if it will happen....but when it does that will be the way to go

Reply to: Rzeszow to Lviv (and return) by daytime bus or train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rzeszow