We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rzeszow to Krakow day trip...

Which Rzeszow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
solihull
reviews: 7
Rzeszow to Krakow day trip...

hello all

I will be in Rzeszow in may for 5 nights and will be looking to explore the area by train or bus whichever is easiest and cheapest!!!

Can anyone tell me is it easy to get to Krakow for the day taking an early train and returning late evening? Or is it better to take a bus to do the same trip? I am also wanting to visit Tarnow and Krosno again is it possible to do these towns in a day?

I had thought of trying to get to Lviv for one night but all the advice on the forums say that it takes too long at the border crossings and this eats into your time when on a limited schedule....

any advice on any of the above would be brilliant thanks

Chris

6 replies to this topic
Europe
1. Re: Rzeszow to Krakow day trip...

Rzeszow to Krakow is roughly 3 to 4 hours by train (or IRB - bus substituting for train), so it won't be a problem to manage day trip there. Although you obviously won't be able to enjoy Krakow for long. If you will be fast enough in Krakow (doubt that), then it's possible to manage even a stopover in Tarnow on the way back (can do it even with one through ticket Krakow to Rzeszow if it is for regio train)

Btw, if you really want to visit Lviv, then you can save time by traveling with overnight train (one night there- day in Lviv - next night back), won't be very cheap, but you can consider it as substitution for nights in hotel

Edited: 4:08 pm, March 24, 2013
solihull
2. Re: Rzeszow to Krakow day trip...

Thanks very much. I think i may decide to stop at Rzeszow for 2 or 3 Nights then move on to Krakow for the remainder of my trip. I can then take a rental car to visit Tarnow and other towns.

solihull
3. Re: Rzeszow to Krakow day trip...

Thanks very much. I think i may decide to stop at Rzeszow for 2 or 3 Nights then move on to Krakow for the remainder of my trip. I can then take a rental car to visit Tarnow and other towns. I am still unsure about lviv i am hoping my hotel will advise me.....

pacific northwest
reviews: 23
4. Re: Rzeszow to Krakow day trip...

I think your second plan is better. It's a long ride from Rzeszov to Krakow, and Krakow is very beautiful.

If you have only 1-2 days in Krakow, I'm not sure it's worth seeing Tarnow, there is so much to see and do in Krakow itself.

Another good day trip option from Krakow is Zakopane. The Goral culture as evidenced in the town is very different from Krakow, whereas Tarnow is similar to Krakow.

solihull
5. Re: Rzeszow to Krakow day trip...

Thanjyou for your advice.

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 6
6. Re: Rzeszow to Krakow day trip...

What did you decide to do in the end?

My mum and aunt are going to Rzeszow on the 13 September for 1 week for a wedding. They want to go to Krakow and Auschwitz whilst they are there. Do you think this is possible? What is their best plan? Don't suggest hire car because that will be a no. They do have rail passes so is this a good option?

Reply to: Rzeszow to Krakow day trip...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rzeszow