We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

feasibility of day trip to lwow/ukraine

Which Rzeszow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 228
feasibility of day trip to lwow/ukraine

what are the logistics of a train/bus trip to lwow for the prurposes of a 'fun' day trip.leaving early moring,pehaps and returning late ish.IS this even sensible? im in rzeszow from wednesday

8 replies to this topic
dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
reviews: 18
1. Re: feasibility of day trip to lwow/ukraine

when i was in nearby zamosc a few years ago, the hotel offered a daytrip to lwow.... so i'd say its quite feasible

Wroclaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Wroclaw, Poland
reviews: 108
2. Re: feasibility of day trip to lwow/ukraine

Day trips are possible esp with a private tour company. Tiring but possible. I found something in the internet but the price was ridiculous, something about 1500 PLN for ONE day trip only because it's in English. When I was looking for a day trip for my parents in Polish some time ago I found tours for only 150-250 PLN. I think the best you can do is what casey suggested - contact your hotel and ask them if they know a company which do this kind of tours.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 296
3. Re: feasibility of day trip to lwow/ukraine

Hi geeteeski,

Doable, but not much fun as one day for Lviv is nothing. There's so much to see in and around it ;)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295377-i5799-k439…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295377-i5799-k427…

Yet, if you decide to do-it-yourself, not on an organised tour, here’s the train time-table from Rzeszów (called Zheshov on UZ web-site) to Lviv: http://tinyurl.com/7mopsnh (unfortunately, not too convenient). Click on «Return trip» to see the return trip time-table.

And here is the indicative (must be verified with the bus station!!!) bus time-table from Lviv to Rzeszów http://tinyurl.com/73xpwfw (sorry, failed to find the direct one).

Apparently a private tour in a car or a tour bus can be time-saving, and you are not dependent on the time-tables, but it's also more expensive.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
reviews: 18
4. Re: feasibility of day trip to lwow/ukraine

cora is right....theres alot to see as this city was hardly damaged during the war and merits a multi day visit....but....i think i would take the tour because traversing the border from what i have read is not easy....and since you are short on time the tour guide will get you in and get you out.....btw...does anyone know the progress on fixing the long long train chasis change at the border?....i thought it was suppose to be done for the euro cup thing comming up in june....was hoping i might check it out the next time i'm in poland

Wroclaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Wroclaw, Poland
reviews: 108
5. Re: feasibility of day trip to lwow/ukraine

My friends went to Lviv several weeks ago this year and said it still takes long. I would love to visit Ukraine this year but will wait until Euro games end.

Thanks Cora for the info! You are incredible with finding all threads about Ukraine! :)

Edited: 4:27 am, March 13, 2012
London, United...
6. Re: feasibility of day trip to lwow/ukraine

thanks to all for advice,especially cora for websites.i shall ask in my hotel,as i speak polish.i only thought about it as im so close and going to lviv/lwow is too expensive from london.i normally just go for lunch and a few beers and enjoy the journey.ive no desperate need to immersae myself in the culture,wherever i go! thanks again

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 296
7. Re: feasibility of day trip to lwow/ukraine

Hi geeteeski,

Then go for it :) Lviv is a terrific place. Nice for food and beer and coffee, too:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g295377-Lviv.html

lviv.travel/en/index/profitably/wheretoeat

But even from London, you could have taken WizzAir from Luton to Kyiv Zhulyany then local intraday express or overnight sleeper train from Kyiv to Lviv. Even with this connection in Kyiv this trip is not too expensive. And as a UK resident you don’t need a visa to visit Ukraine for up to 90 days within 180 days period.

Hi Casey,

Yes still same long boring process at the border.

Hi rocking_pony ;)

Good point to wait for now. Early autumn should be lovely time to visit as summer is still high season, including on Aug 24 (Independence Day).

Look forward to seeing you on Ukraine forum anytime! :)

London, United...
8. Re: feasibility of day trip to lwow/ukraine

was in kiev last year.very nice too!i've heard lviv's a great place hence my interest and i can spend a day there but only if its not too much trouble from rzeszow as i can always go somewhere polish,przemysl for example.or rzeszow may turn out to be the 'most exicitng' place ive visited !maybe wizzair will fly there direct one day<from london>im sure lviv will still be there.dziekuje bardzo/spasiba/thanks to all

Reply to: feasibility of day trip to lwow/ukraine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rzeszow