We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Rzeszow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews

WE have a free day whilst in Rzeszow in September and was wondering if anyone knew of any tour companies we can contact to arrange a trip for 10+ people to the salt mines at Weiliczka.We can find plenty from Krakow but not Rzeszow.

Many Thanks

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Tours

if you are in krakow....wieliczka is a worthwhile side trip....20 minutes outside of town..but in rzeszow i'd say no.....way too far away..3,4,5 hours depending on traffic....this makes no sense at all..on the other hand near to rzeszow..there are many of polands greatest towns, and country estates and churches nearby....better to check them out....and better yet even...why not go to lwow...now known as the city of lwiw in the ukraine...just over the border...a very interesting major city..also not too far away is the roztoczanski national park....so wonderful...in this area there are so many things to see and do...why travel all the way to krakow?

1 post
2. Re: Tours

When you are in Rzeszów and have a free day... Wouldn't it make more sense to explore the area of this, I would call more unexplored, town, than driving for three hours to check out the saltmines..? Belive me, the saltmines is definetelly worth seeing- But it doesen't make sense the way I see it... It depense on how you arrange it- But what about checking some nice churches out, taking a tour at the wonderful castel in Łańcut, some traditional Polish food and getting closer to the Polish culture..? In Wielicka it's just tourists anyway.

Good luck!

And enjoy Rzeszów- Cause I do...

3. Re: Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 26, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Rzeszow