We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rzeszow to ukrainian border to lviv

Which Rzeszow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Rzeszow to ukrainian border to lviv

Hi me and two of my friends are going to lviv soon. We have flights to rzeszow where we arrive at local time

We are being picked up over the border by a friend of ours. Which is the best way to get there? Bus/train? And which number bus or train?

Is it easy to walk over the border? We will be all have luggage with us.

Thanks

Slav

Warsaw, Poland
reviews: 8
1. Re: Rzeszow to ukrainian border to lviv

Take a bus or train from Rzeszow to Przemysl, there are a lot of connection; Then from Przemysl take a bus or taxi to border crossing.

Gdansk, Poland
2. Re: Rzeszow to ukrainian border to lviv

hi, done this 3 months ago.

first of all get to Przemysl -you can take a bus or a train.

then go to bus station (near train station).

from here you got 2 choices:

- take a bus straight to Lviv (~20 PLN, various time of journey, up to 4-5 hrs, depending on the traffic on the border), you can ask the driver about the situation

- take a minibus to the border (2 PLN, 15 mins), go by feet through the customs (about 500m, very strange things happening:), take a bus to Lviv (~10 PLN, 1-1,5 hrs)

greets

UK
reviews: 4
3. Re: Rzeszow to ukrainian border to lviv

Once over the border by foot into Ukraine how regular do the buses run to Lviv?

Warsaw, Poland
reviews: 3
4. Re: Rzeszow to ukrainian border to lviv

I had to wait in Medyka for bus to Lviv no more than 10 minutes, so they either depart very often or I was very lucky ;) As far as I know, there are mostly or only private buses (I mean bus owners are drivers), not any bigger companies, so they will depart when enough passengers will buy tickets ;)

UK
reviews: 4
5. Re: Rzeszow to ukrainian border to lviv

Did you have much of a wait at the border? I will only have a small amount of hand luggage.

Warsaw, Poland
reviews: 3
6. Re: Rzeszow to ukrainian border to lviv

Crossing from Poland to Ukraine, I had to wait about 1 hour. But I had luck - an Ukrainian soldier saw I'm tourist and helped me get to the front of the line (and the line was huge, lik 200-300 people).

On my way back the same day but about 12 hours later I had to wait for nearly 3 hours because there was a guards were changing on Ukrainian side. This took them very much time. On the same time they let some people through a second door. After some arguing (and 20 hryvnas for a soldier - I had to get to Krakow the very same night and it was already late) Ukrainian customs officials let me go through this second door.

My advice - if there is a big line, try to talk to one of Ukrainian soldiers. Let him know you're a tourist, not an 'ant' (ant is a person who cross a border several times a day, buying allowed amount of alcohol and cigarretes each time), and he will probably help you to get to the other side faster :)

7. Re: Rzeszow to ukrainian border to lviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, October 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rzeszow