We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow to Czestochowa and return

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 93
Krakow to Czestochowa and return

Hello all,

We will be visiting Poland for the first time later in the year and will be flying into Krakow from elsewhere in Europe. Once we land, the plan is to go straight to Czestochowa for a few nights and then return to Krakow for a few nights before we fly out.

I would appreciate your advice on how best to commute between the two cities. Is train the best option? Bus?

Many thanks in advance for your help :)

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
reviews: 14
1. Re: Krakow to Czestochowa and return

I suspect the bus will be your best option

There is currently one direct train from Krakow per day, leaving at just after mid day and takes around 2 hours.

Melbourne
2. Re: Krakow to Czestochowa and return

Thanks, Scottishpoet.

Do you know where I could find information on the bus timetable and bus stops?

Melbourne
3. Re: Krakow to Czestochowa and return

Another question - there will be four of us travelling - do you think it would be simpler to hire a car and just drive ourselves?

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
reviews: 14
4. Re: Krakow to Czestochowa and return

I have never really figured out the buses. The problem is there are multiple bus companies serving the same destinations

try this page

http://www.pks-czestochowa.pl/

it should be about 1 and a half hours to two hours by car, basically on the road to Lodz.That would be using the toll road from Krakow to Katowice.

5. Re: Krakow to Czestochowa and return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, yesterday