We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow questions

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, OH
reviews: 24
Krakow questions

We are hoping to spend 5 nights in Krakow. Here are my questions:

- Should we spend all of them in a hotel/apartment in the old city or should we spend some hotel time "out in the country"? We are hoping to take a day trip to see a few of the villages my ancestors came from nearby Krakow.

- What type/range of weather should we expect in mid-May?

- My DH wants an elevator or a ground level floor so he doesn't have to do stairs with luggage. Any recommendations on a hotel/BB/apartment? We would prefer one that includes breakfast.

- A lot of tripadvisor reviews mention lots of noise from the partiers, making it difficult to sleep. Is there a section of town where the bars are concentrated so we could avoid that?

- What is the best way to find a person to take us to the country to see the villages for a day?

- This is the last part of a longer journey (14 days on a transatlantic cruise, then Copenhagen, then Poland). Do you have any recommendations for international one way flights?

Thanks for all your help!

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
1. Re: Krakow questions

Couple of thoughts for you.

Last year May was lovely. This year not so much - sunny warm days mixed with mksty grey ones. The weatner is still inconsistent this year, and generally we're not reaching the temps we did last year.

Stay in one place - you don't want to repack for obe or two n ights, do you?

Check hotel descriptions - like anywhere else, the bigger and/or newer the hotel, the better the chances of a lift. A lot of smaller older hotels in cetral Krakow are gthe first floor and up, i there's a row of shops on the ground floor. (Remember our 1 is your 2)

Parties are around the Old Town, which is the historic centre, therefore where most people want to stay - the dilemma! Read TA reviews - some hotles have rooms on the back which do NOT look iiver the bins!

Read some trip reports for recommendation on drivers - there are one-man operations and taxi companies who'll tailor a trip to suit you.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
reviews: 10
2. Re: Krakow questions

Check skyscanner.net for flights within Europe. Norwegian Air have a direct flight between Copenhagen and Krakow which is often very reasonably priced.

Most of the large hotels in the Old Town will have lifts. If you want guaranteed peace and quiet, avoid anything on the main square (Rynek), ul. Szewska, ul. Slawkowska, ul, Florianska or ul. Grodzka. The Radisson, Andels, Wawel, Pod Wawelem and Classic are in quieter parts of the Old Town or just outside it (but still within walking distance).

Saint Paul
reviews: 65
3. Re: Krakow questions

Terrific Apartment with terrific owners. (Who lived in the US for a time) I'm assuming they're still in business.

try www.vrbo.com and look for apartment Sara in Krakow.

We stayed there a few years ago. Would go back in a minute if there weren't so many other places to visit.

Close to old town. Close to some good restaurants. Close to castle. A block or so from a tram line. Banks/atms near. Convenience stores near. Not far from Kazimierz.

USA/Polska
reviews: 38
4. Re: Krakow questions

I know a lot of posters like the apartments. I still like a hotel. I feel I am on vacation and want a great breakfast and be able to have a night cap in the bar and simply push the elevator button to my room. Mind you, I want a quiet hotel, but still like the buzz of activity in a real hotel. I find the Andels to be quiet with a great location and breakfast.

5. Re: Krakow questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Krakow