We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you could only bring one thing home

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barrowford
reviews: 22
If you could only bring one thing home

If you could only bring one thing home from Krakow what would it be? (It must be able to fit in a suit case!)

Wallasey, United...
reviews: 50
1. Re: If you could only bring one thing home

The one thing I always bring back are great memories of this wonderful city. Ready to be rekindled in anticipation of my next visit, ideal as no luggage space required!

2. Re: If you could only bring one thing home

In big suitcase I would take with me some nice art deco chandelier (probably possible to find in some flea market)

;-)

Barrowford
3. Re: If you could only bring one thing home

Thanks for the answers, not ones I was expecting but very good. Can't wait to go in a months time.

Nottingham
reviews: 35
4. Re: If you could only bring one thing home

Hazel nut vodka yum yum :)

Glasgow, Scotland...
5. Re: If you could only bring one thing home

Totally agree a couple of bottles of Soplica Hazelnut (Orzech Laskowy) Polish Vodka, got withdrawals just thinking about it :) can get it here in the UK but at 90 Pln a bottle its an expensive luxury lol

Kevin (Glasgow)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
6. Re: If you could only bring one thing home

Hey Barrowfordclaret:-) DIfficult to pin it down to one thing.. depending on what you like, you can check out something with amber.. doesn't necessarily have to be jewelry either.. I even found some beautiful amber candles;-) How about some crystal?! I bring back cystal wine glasses but can be such a kluts I end up breaking a few so always replenish when there;-) Or silver.. beautiful silver and again, not necessarily jewelry.. from beautiful photo frames to napkin holders;-) Another though may be some wooden boxes.. they're known for beautiful wood work/crafters.. found some wonderful little wooden boxes of all sizes beautifully engraved.. can hold anything from pencils/pens to smaller ones for jewelry.. whatever;-) Except for the candles, all pretty long lasting.. that's if you don't break the crystal;-)

As far as non long lasting.. I've got this thing with their mustards.. call me crazy, but never had better mustard anywhere.. there's a local brand called something like 'stolowa' (that's stowova?;-) Little round plastic jars easy to pack.. come in varieties too like 'normal'.. or hot, lol!! Love the stuff;-) A friend of mine that cooks asks me to bring back dried/dehydrated mushrooms that come in a cellophane/stapled bag.. find them at the airport and allowable.. a least for us coming from the States.. to purchase and bring into the States;-) My friends would love kielbasa.. but it's a no-no, lol!! FWIW, last couple of times coming in via EWR, there was special added security for folks de-planning LOT to detect foods, LOL!! Folks were singled out pretty readily to have their luggage go through special 'food' detector machines!! Lots of beagles at luggage retreival too smelling out all the good stuff;-) You'd be surprised how many folks pack home made foods and try to bring it through customs.. yeah, it's that good;-)) EnjoY!

Norwich, United...
reviews: 34
7. Re: If you could only bring one thing home

The one thing would be the beautiful girls :-)

Seriously there are so many lovely things in Poland it would have to be a really big suitcase.

The hot chocolate they serve in wedels would be high on my list. Love that stuff.

Also the plums in chocolate. I love them.

Barrowford
8. Re: If you could only bring one thing home

Thanks for the replies the Hazelnut vodka sounds good, I love the hazelnut schnapps. I love mustard and will defiantly be looking out for the stowova. My wife spends a fortune on candles so no doubt she will be bringing some back unless I can trade her in for one of the beautiful girls lol! So looking forward to the trip, thanks again for the tips

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
reviews: 108
9. Re: If you could only bring one thing home

I could never just bring one thing home lol. Last time I brought back the mandarin vodka (not a vodka drinker but really like that), chocolate bars, about 6 lots of bath salts from the salt mines and from Cloth Hall, I brought back two lovely Angel statues. Oh and another thing (but I tend to do this wherever I am on holiday) is buy an ornament for my Christmas tree. They have some nice ones in Krakow :)

Barrowford
10. Re: If you could only bring one thing home

I wished I had booked 2 suitcases now! Looks like I can sort all my Xmas presents out for my family while I'm there.

Get answers to your questions about Krakow
Recent Conversations