We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit to krakow salt mines

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mumbai, india
reviews: 4
visit to krakow salt mines

We shall be visiting Krakow this month and would very much have liked to do a guided trip to the salt mines. However, both my husband and myself suffer from painful knees and considering that this trip involves walking down more than 400 steps into the mine, we feel rather diffident about our ability to take this trip. Would somebody who has similar problems and has ventured to do this trip into the mines, kindly guide us with their opinion. Would appreciate a frank reply to my post.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
11. Re: visit to krakow salt mines

Best advice for anyone thinking about hiring a car for a holiday in Krakow is ... don't. Krakow has an excellent system of trams and buses for getting around and (not least because it's an ORIGINAL medieval city) very limoted parking in the centre ... limited as in "you will not be permitted to drive or park there!."

By all means, hire a car for trips elsewhere, but really a hire car in Krakow will be as much use, and as big of a liability, as a hire car in London or NYC.

Even for trips to eg Zakopane, look at the bus - it's 2.5 hours each way. The highway gets very very busy n friday afternoon and sunday evening - stuck in a car or on a coach with a loo and dvds?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
12. Re: visit to krakow salt mines

Re "the next English tour". If you want to be sure of a place (numbers are kept to a max of 35 per tour) and you're fairly sure of your arrival time, you can book tickets on line

Birmingham, United...
13. Re: visit to krakow salt mines

Thanks a lot for every information.

Kraków
14. Re: visit to krakow salt mines

The best is trip by Railbus from Krakow Glowny to Wieliczka Rynek-Kopalnia. 20-30 minut, comfortable, air conditioning. 304 is often full of passangers, is very hot, and become late.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 34
15. Re: visit to krakow salt mines

Tim,

I've booked a tour with Krakow Travel Tours for a Sunday morning at 10am. Since I've got a limited amount of time in Krakow, I'm opting for the convenience of an organized tour. The price seemed reasonable to me. Here's the link to the website, www.krakowtraveltours.com.

Good luck.

mumbai, india
reviews: 4
16. Re: visit to krakow salt mines

Thanks Johnb121 for the information on tours for people with disabilities who wish to attempt a visit to the salt mines. Look forward to the trip now.

17. Re: visit to krakow salt mines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Krakow