We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Krakow to Budapest

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Travelling from Krakow to Budapest

Hi!

I'm looking to travel from Krakow to Budapest on the 3rd of July and am finding myself to be completely useless when it comes to finding transport information online.

Does anybody have any ideas how I can get there and how much it would cost?

Thanks!

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
1. Re: Travelling from Krakow to Budapest

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274772-i961-k6448…

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
2. Re: Travelling from Krakow to Budapest

Eurilines coach runs on Wedesdays (3/7 is a wed) or ypu can get the train - daytime or overnight .

Edited: 6:24 am, June 16, 2013
Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
reviews: 2
3. Re: Travelling from Krakow to Budapest

TLK 402

Direct overnight train from Kraków to Budapest. Leaves Kraków at 22.01, you arrive at Budapest Keleti at 8.35 the next day.

Birmingham, United...
4. Re: Travelling from Krakow to Budapest

What do you think about rent a car? I think it is the best way. Not cheap but comfortable and you can also see more places during your travel...;]

Kraków
5. Re: Travelling from Krakow to Budapest

I suggest bus from Regionalny bus station (ul. Bosacka, near railway). You buy tickets by internet or in travel agencies

Dublin, Ireland
6. Re: Travelling from Krakow to Budapest

Thank you all, I would be more inclined to take a bus, as the night train is not suitable for the time I wish to be there, and taking a day train with stop overs is bound to be a disaster for me. Has anybody taken the bus before? Is it uncomfortable?

Bydgoszcz
7. Re: Travelling from Krakow to Budapest

Why would a day train be a disaster? You can depart Krakow at 1023, changing in Katowice, and arriving Budapest at 2035. You have 36 minutes for the one change in Katowice, from platform 3 to platform 2, which involves going down a set of stairs, walking perhaps 10 meters, and going up another set of stairs. Everything is well signposted, in English even!

There's even a nice Czech restaurant car on the Katowice-Budapest train, where you can have dinner and knock back a Czech beer!

Regards,

Jeffrey Dobek

Polrail Service

Bydgoszcz, Poland

Dublin, Ireland
8. Re: Travelling from Krakow to Budapest

Thanks! Does anybody have any idea how much the daytime train would cost?

Kraków
9. Re: Travelling from Krakow to Budapest

I was in Budapest by bus, a few years ago. It was very good transfer, two or three stops, hungarian transporter (VolanBusz). Come to Nepliget Terminal, near Nepliget Metro Station (blue line connect south and north of Pest - eastern part of city). Time of arrival ca 10 PM and I remember, that metro is open yet.

reviews: 2
10. Re: Travelling from Krakow to Budapest

I'm taking a bus tomorrow (19/06) from krakow to Budapest. Departing at 1500 arriving in Buda at 2200. It cost me 90PLN. Train would have been 3 hours more and would have cost me approx 400PLN. A lot of bad reviews regarding Orangeway busses but I took the chance as the price and timing for me seemeed better. I might post on here my experience in the next few days.