We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auschwitz in August

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockton-on-Tees...
reviews: 12
Auschwitz in August

Hi I'm visiting Krakow for the first time in August and have loads of questions.

1.Would it be noticeably quieter if I visited Auschwitz on a Monday compared to a Sunday ?

2.I am thinking of trying to get to Auschwitz for about 0830 in the morning so I can go at my own pace , has anyone done this or is it better to go with the guides ?

3. I will be arriving at about 2000 hrs are there any late opening supermarkets near to Biskupia street (location of apartments) so that I can buy a few essentials ?

Thanks

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Auschwitz in August

I have just come back, in August I do not believe that Auschwitz would be quiet on any day, Dont bother without a guide its not worth it, they will tell you things that you dont know and visiting a place of that magnitude its not worth taking chances as you will prob go only once. The best ambience for a visit there is the pouring rain or snow, it was raining heavily all the time I was there, a sunny day would somehow not be fitting. If you are interested in the WW2 stuff then go to the Plaslow Camp and also the LIban Quarry, these are not tourist places but are equally as moving as Auschwitz. Do your research on the net, I walked to those places from my Hotel near the Wawel Castle...Enjoy

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
reviews: 14
2. Re: Auschwitz in August

I know there is a 24hr Kefirek store on karmelicka which is not far, I suspect there will be something open on Dluga which would be closer.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
reviews: 10
3. Re: Auschwitz in August

There's a shop around the corner from you on ul. Lobzowska (turn left as you walk from ul. Biskupia) and another one on the corner of ul. Lobzowska and ul. Garbarska. If you walk along ul. Garbarska, there's a bigger 24hr Kefirek on ul. Karmelicka (turn left onto Karmelicka, it's on the opposite side of the street).

As for Auschwitz, if you have time I recommend you first go with the guide and then take time to revisit it on your own. Allow plenty of time to see the full extent of Auschwitz-Birkenau as well.

4. Re: Auschwitz in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 20, 2014