We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Allendale, New...
reviews: 49
Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

My husband and I will be taking a DB Bahn overnight train from Krakow to Prague in late May, but will book the tickets before leaving the US. How far ahead should we book our room? Any advice on types of rooms?

21 replies to this topic
Allendale, New...
reviews: 49
11. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

We bought our couchette tickets online many weeks before our trip in mid-May. All the other couchettes were full so best to buy ahead and do easy, too.

Singapore, Singapore
12. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

I booked a overnight train tickets to be delivered to our residential address and it did not arrived! We emailed polrail and was provided with an article number that was not recognised by local post and thus it was impossible to trace! I didn't know if the article number provided was really for my ticket or it could belongs to another. There was no way to verify when I asked for an invoice of the registered mail. The tickets could not be re-issued and there was no alternative solution provided but to wait for 90 days for them to file for investigation. Very irresponsible handling by polrail. By then I have to look for other means of transport from Krakow to Prague. This is very disappointing when we couldn't get a refund and emails to Jeffery is not responsive at all.

I do not recommend using Polrail.

I am still waiting for a reply from Jeffery - Polrail if we could get a refund anot. Will update.

Bydgoszcz
13. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

You chose delivery to Singapore by the least expensive method, standard air mail, which we specifically state in our terms and conditions, and Frequently Asked Questions, is not-time guaranteed (as the post office will not make such guarantees). We offer you the choice of UPS and Express Mail delivery at the time of ordering, methods which are fully trackable, but which, of course, cost considerably more.

We also offer guaranteed delivery to hotels in Poland and to our various pickup points.

To find the tickets, we have filed a tracer with Polish Post, and we then have to wait for them to work. If your shipment is indeed lost, it is insured.

Regards,

Jeffrey Dobek

Polrail Service

Bydgoszcz, Poland

Phila, PA
reviews: 1
14. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

We will be traveling from Krakow May 6, 1014 to Prague on the overnight train. I think that the price is 740pln. Is this the best price as I have read that the prices vary the earlier you purchase the tickets. We are looking to book a 2 person couchette. We are going to try to book on March 7th. We will be booking with Polrail.com. Should we have the ticket sent to our hotel and notify them that tickets will be arriving or just have them sent to our house in the USA? The trip is getting close and I'm getting a little nervous!

Jeffrey please feel free to answer this post if you have time ; ) Thank you!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 7
15. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Just in case he doesn't answer - it is probably best to have them delivered to your hotel.

Bydgoszcz
16. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Delivery to a hotel in Poland is via UPS, and is always safer and less expensive than shipping internationally.

There are SparNight discount tickets on this route, but they are extremely limited in number. We issue them when available, but it is essential to book early to find these fares.

Regards,

Jeffrey Dobek

Polrail Service

Bydgoszcz, Poland

Phila, PA
17. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Jeffrey, can we book today for May 6, 2014??? Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it.

Bydgoszcz
18. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Booking for the international Krakow-Prague route opens 60 days before travel.

Regards,

Jeffrey Dobek

Polrail Service

Phila, PA
19. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Jeffrey thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate all the posterw who continuously answer the same questions over and over again. Sometimes when you are making plans to travel and have a job, kids, other obilgations, you get so caught up in all of it that someone elses question doesn't make perfect sense. I know that I am one of them. I try to keep my postings to a minimum, but sometimes I get a little confused and of course there is always a knowledgable poster who will nicely tell you what you want to know. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to each and everyone of you who give such valuable information. I will also wait the 60 days to book my couchette, and hope that I can get a sparnight ticket!

20. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

We booked by Polrail and picked up our tickets in Krakow. We booked 2 weeks in advance and when we travelled, our train was full. It is not the tourist season yet, so I recommend not to wait! We found it very safe. Bathrooms OK. Our steward kept everyone out of our car except for those in the car. Very pleasant steward. Although I personally did not sleep much, at least I could relax. At first I was worried about finding the post office at night, but I followed the exit to the mall and when I got outside I could see it across the square. Had no problems and I only know 4 words in Polish. Lovely cities, enjoy!

Reply to: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted