We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Allendale, New...
reviews: 49
Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

My husband and I will be taking a DB Bahn overnight train from Krakow to Prague in late May, but will book the tickets before leaving the US. How far ahead should we book our room? Any advice on types of rooms?

21 replies to this topic
Bydgoszcz
1. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Actually, DB Bahn is the Germany railway company and has nothing to do with the operation of Krakow-Prague night train! (It is operated by PKP InterCity and Ceske Drahy).

Tickets go on sale starting 60 days before travel. The train carries standard seating, 6- and 4-person couchettes compartments, and 3-, 2- and 1-person sleeping car compartments.

Regards,

Jeffrey Dobek

Polrail Service

Bydgoszcz, Poland

Wroclaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Wroclaw, Poland
reviews: 105
2. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Booking tickets is possible only using a third party like a travel agency or in person at a station.

Edited: 4:56 pm, February 19, 2013
Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 43
3. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

czech-transport.com/index.php… for the schedule

Midwest USA
reviews: 30
4. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

I just took this train last night. I recommend using Polrail if you aren't going to purchase at the station.

Polrail is trustworthy and very responsive. I'm very pleased with the service I received and would use them again.

I reserved a two bed couchette. It was a great experience.

Thanks.

Allendale, New...
5. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Thank you all. We need to look up the different trains companies online, so may have more questions after we do that.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 7
6. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

You can't buy this from the train company online - if you don't want to buy the ticket when you arrive you will have to go through a trusted agency such as www.polrail.com

Allendale, New...
7. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Thank you for the good advice.

London, United...
reviews: 3
8. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Hi,

I was hoping somebody could answer a few questions

1. What time does the Krakow main train station ticket office close as I need to get am overnight train ticket to Prague for the following day?

2. What are the chances the overnight train to Prague will be sold out if I buy it the night before or even an hour or two before it departs, which I think is around 10pm?

Thank you very much

Bydgoszcz
9. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

The ticket office in Krakow is open non-stop.

There is a very good chance the sleeping cars and couchettes could be sold out if you try to buy on the day of travel. This year is a very busy summer on this train, and some dates in June and July are already sold out.

Standard 2nd class seats are always available.

Regards,

Jeffrey Dobek

Polrail Service

Bydgoszcz, Poland

London, United...
reviews: 3
10. Re: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your swift response. By opened "non-stop", the ticket offices are opened 24 hours then?

Is there any way to reserve places in couchettes and pay upon arrival in the train station?

Thank you very much

Reply to: Overnight Train Krakow to Prague
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted