We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question - Night Train Budapest/Prague

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Coast
reviews: 17
Question - Night Train Budapest/Prague

We're looking into a 3-city trip next October starting in Budapest, then Krakow, then Prague. As we only have 12 days (including travel days), taking the night train to/from Krakow seems like a good idea. My question is - since these trains depart/arrive so late/early, what do you do with your luggage before you are able to check into you hotel (or after you check out)?

Will it be too wearing/tiresome to take 2 night train trips during a 4-day stretch? We're mid-40's in decent shape and have travelled quite a bit but don't want to wear ourselves down without a good night's sleep. I'm thinking 2 night trains might be too much.

Finally, if we were to take one of these trips during the day, which is the more scenic/efficient between the Budapest-Krakow and Krakow-Prague day-time train legs?

Thanks!

Wroclaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Wroclaw, Poland
reviews: 105
1. Re: Question - Night Train Budapest/Prague

Hi.

I can only speak for myself and for me two overnight trips by train with a 4 day gap between them would be just fine. But that's me, I like to travel fast and I don't usually stay long in one place. Those night trains are not that bad, if you are able to sleep on a train (you don't mind noises etc.) then I would say you will be ok.

You can ask your hotel staff if they will keep your luggage after you check out or before your check in hour. You can also use storage facilities at train stations.

I would say that none of those routes is very interesting or scenic. So if you plan daytime train travel then choose whichever you like - whichever suits you best considering timetables etc.

2. Re: Question - Night Train Budapest/Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 21, 2014