We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Krakow to Lodz

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milan, Italy
reviews: 15
Traveling from Krakow to Lodz

Hi guys.

I took a flight to Krakow and I'll be by the central station at about 14:00 I guess on the first day of the following month (February).

How can I get to Lodz in the same day? What's the safest way for a foreign guy with a hand-luggage?

They advised me to take the bus instead of the train. I have about 60 zlotych, will that be enough? Please give me your suggestions and details.

BTW: I've already been to Krakow and I know the place a little.

Thanks

Warsaw, Poland
reviews: 11
1. Re: Traveling from Krakow to Lodz

No good connection for train, you would need to travel to Warsaw and back then to Lodz; the best choice is to take the bus from Krakow to Lodz; There is a bus at Krakow 16:45 and it reaches Lodz 21:55. No sure whether 60 PLN is enough.

Regards

Milan, Italy
2. Re: Traveling from Krakow to Lodz

Thanks, I was already thinking of catching that one, I just checked if I was missing another option.

Regards

Bydgoszcz
3. Re: Traveling from Krakow to Lodz

There's a direct TLK train from Krakow to Lodz that leaves at 1526 and arrives at 1858.

Regards,

Jeffrey Dobek

Polrail Service

Milan, Italy
4. Re: Traveling from Krakow to Lodz

Dear Jeffrey,

is it safe to travel by train? I've heard of robbery problems.

Bydgoszcz
5. Re: Traveling from Krakow to Lodz

Pinco,

I'd be confident to say that train travel in Poland is as safe as train travel in Italy!

As with any busy tourist places, you do need to be aware of your surroundings, and pay special attention when boarding and alighting from trains. (Good opportunity for pickpockets...) But once in the train, sit and enjoy the ride. On a daytime train from Krakow to Lodz, you're not going to encounter any problems.

(When traveling overnight, it's always better to travel in a compartment with other people, or better yet--book a couchette or sleeping car compartment, which you can lock.)

Regards,

Jeffrey Dobek

Polrail Service

Bydgoszcz, Poland

Milan, Italy
6. Re: Traveling from Krakow to Lodz

Sorry to bother you again, but what's the cost of a single ticket for that train?

Milan, Italy
7. Re: Traveling from Krakow to Lodz

And can you give me a link to that train, please? I can't seem to find it.

My friend found just this one: rozklad-pkp.pl/query.php/pn…

Edited: 5:41 am, January 13, 2012
Wroclaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Wroclaw, Poland
reviews: 107
8. Re: Traveling from Krakow to Lodz

Hi. Second class single ticket costs 52 PLN. You need to look at Łódź Kaliska to see this train on this site http://rozklad-pkp.pl/?q=en/node/143

Just as Jeffrey Dobek said, travelling by Polish trains is usually just as safe as in other EU countries. Usual precautions and you will be just fine.

Milan, Italy
9. Re: Traveling from Krakow to Lodz

Much appreciated

10. Re: Traveling from Krakow to Lodz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, February 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Krakow