We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long on the train from Olstzyn to Krakow

Which Olsztyn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton
How long on the train from Olstzyn to Krakow

Greetings from New Zealand. We are travelling to Gdansk early next year. Flying in to Gdansk and then down to Olstzyn for a few days by train. Now here is my question....how long does it take on the train from Olstzyn to Krakow...we would prefer a direct route, with no changes, and a train that goes during the day. I have tried to research via the net but I end up just going around in circles and finding foreign language sites...no good to me as I don't speak Polish.

Does anyone have any inside knowledge, even if I get the times from Gdansk...I can take maybe 3 hours off to get to Olstzyn then calculate to Krakow from there.

Any advise for a "down under" girl would be appreciated

4 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
reviews: 125
1. Re: How long on the train from Olstzyn to Krakow

I'm not 100% but it's quite far away and i travelled from Bialystok to Krakow and that was about 8 hours and it looks simular distance, trains in Poland are not very fast. Hope this helps

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
2. Re: How long on the train from Olstzyn to Krakow

There is one daily direct train from Olsztyn to Krakow that takes 8 hours. It is faster to go to Warsaw and change. All the timetables are in the link; I selected a random date but you can run another search for you preferred day. I'm not sure if the timetables for nest year are out yet.

rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en…

Bydgoszcz
3. Re: How long on the train from Olstzyn to Krakow

The original poster is traveling early next year.

The online timetable does not yet show times from the new 2012-13 timetable (taking effect 09 December). The minister of transport has announced that they will be available by 20 November.

Regards,

Jeffrey Dobek

Polrail Service

Bydgoszcz, Poland

London, United...
reviews: 83
4. Re: How long on the train from Olstzyn to Krakow

At the moment there is only one direct train from Olsztyn to Krakow. Leaving Olsztyn at 11.22 and arriving to Krakow at 17.44.

As you are planning tho travel early next year I can only suggest to get back on forum before your travel as the time table will definitely change by than.

The most common option for those who travel to Krakow from Olsztyn is to take a bus to Warsaw and than train to Krakow.

There is also direct bus from Olsztyn, leaving at 6.00AM and arriving to Krakow at 15.30PM, price 78PLN

Reply to: How long on the train from Olstzyn to Krakow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olsztyn