We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any English-speaking guides in Malbork Castle?

Which Malbork hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
reviews: 87
Are there any English-speaking guides in Malbork Castle?

I will visit Malbork on January and I tried to e-mail Malbork Castle, but didn't get an answer...

I read in a guidebook that in the off-season months there are no English-speaking guided tours in the Castle, and if you need one you have to arrange on the spot, and pay about 150 zl, which you can share with fellow travelers-in case there are any around interested to join in-.

In some sites I read comments that an English-speaking guide wasn't available on the spot though. Was anyone recently in Malbork to let me know what the situation is? Should I try to call the Castle a couple of days prior to my visit and pre-arrange a tour? Should I look for a private guide? Are any English-speaking audio-guides to be found? Are there any guide books (in English!) available on site,and are they good enough so as not to look for a guide person?

Any help and information would be much appreciated!

Thank you and Seasonal Wishes!

9 replies to this topic
Warsaw, Poland
reviews: 32
1. Re: Are there any English-speaking guides in Malbork Castle?

Hi Mariha2912

That's true, in summers, there are scheduled hours when English-language tours are scheduled.

They are audio guides in English. About 40zl if memory serves me well.

Instead of emailing the castle itself, contact Malbork Welcome Ctr - they tend to be more responsive. And they can advise on guides. It might be the holiday season causing slower replies.

Seasonal wishes back to you!

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
reviews: 87
2. Re: Are there any English-speaking guides in Malbork Castle?

Thank you once again! : )

Ventura, California
reviews: 12
3. Re: Are there any English-speaking guides in Malbork Castle?

My wife and I are spending two weeks in Poland this May, primarily in the Krakow area, but we're thinking a side trip to Malbork Castle would be fun. Are English tours available? What else is there to do and see in the Malbork area?

Gdansk, Poland
reviews: 3
4. Re: Are there any English-speaking guides in Malbork Castle?

Hi,

You can take English guide without any problem.

I suggest you to come from Krakow to Gdansk and see also Gdansk and Gdansk region.

Gdansk has very rich, more than 1000 years history.

There is lots of objects from Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo and later time.

You can make also one day tours to Hel Peninsula, Kashubian region etc.

Close to Gdansk Museum Stutthoff Concentrated Camp is situated.

Malbork is one hour away by train fm Gdansk and you can share one day between Gdansk and Malbork as well.

Kind regards

Malgorzata Mazur

Gdansk, Poland
5. Re: Are there any English-speaking guides in Malbork Castle?

Hi,

You can take English guide without any problem.

I suggest you to come from Krakow to Gdansk and see also Gdansk and Gdansk region.

Gdansk has very rich, more than 1000 years history.

There is lots of objects from Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo and later time.

You can make also one day tours to Hel Peninsula, Kashubian region etc.

Close to Gdansk Museum Stutthoff Concentrated Camp is situated.

Malbork is one hour away by train fm Gdansk and you can share one day between Gdansk and Malbork as well.

Kind regards

Malgorzata Mazur

Ventura, California
6. Re: Are there any English-speaking guides in Malbork Castle?

Thank you very much for this information, we will come to Gdansk, I understand there is a maritime museum nearby. All four of my Grandparents came from the Pilzno area, unfortunately my polish is limited to jak się masz

Gdansk, Poland
7. Re: Are there any English-speaking guides in Malbork Castle?

Hi, elwood-emily,

Jak się masz?

Nice to hear you'll come to Gdansk.

There is also nice Maritime Museum.

As your Grand parents came from Pilzno you like also beer.

So it wil be also opportuinity for you to taste our local beer.

Kind regards

Malgorzata

Warsaw, Poland
reviews: 32
8. Re: Are there any English-speaking guides in Malbork Castle?

Hi elwood-emily

Just to add to what Malgorzata Mazur has written:

At Malbork Castle, you can also get audio guides in English. But it was last reported on this forum that you need to leave your passport at the audio rental. There are usually guides milling around. Not much more to see in Malbork other than the castle. But lots to do in Gdansk. Enjoy your stay!

Ventura, California
9. Re: Are there any English-speaking guides in Malbork Castle?

Many thanks for the heads up StayPoland. We wouldn't want to leave our passports at the desk just for an audio tour and yes MalgorzataMaz we'll try some local beer while in Pilzno

Reply to: Are there any English-speaking guides in Malbork Castle?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malbork