We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving route suggestion from Trencin, Slovakia to Blansko

Which Brno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Idaho Falls, Idaho
reviews: 124
Driving route suggestion from Trencin, Slovakia to Blansko

I see two routes that we might drive from Trencin area to Blansko - Route E50 or Route 54. Would one of these be recommended over the other based on nicer scenery, a small interesting town or two to stop in, or anything else fascinating to enjoy? (one day's journey)

Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
reviews: 72
1. Re: Driving route suggestion from Trencin, Slovakia to Blansko

Definitely take route E50 from Trencin to Uherske Hradiste. I have driven it many times and it is very scenic as you go through the Bile Karpaty (White Carpathian) mountains. The part to the west of Uherske Hradiste (the joint route) is very scenic as well, with great views of the Buchlov castle (http://www.hrad-buchlov.cz/en/) as you approach it from the east. The chateau in Bucholovice (http://www.zamek-buchlovice.cz/en/) is also very nice, though not too visible from the highway. It's worth stopping for a few minutes.

Another very nice stop along the way is Slavkov u Brna, which is known internationally as Austerlitz. It was the scene of one of the most famous battles in history, in which Napoleon defeated the Russia and Austria in 1805 (the Battle of the Three Emperors).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Austerlitz

You can visit the chateau in Slavkov:

http://www.zamek-slavkov.cz/en/

or the peace monument, Mohyla miru:

http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohyla_m%C3%ADru

There are signs from the road for both.

Edited: 1:10 am, June 06, 2014
Idaho Falls, Idaho
2. Re: Driving route suggestion from Trencin, Slovakia to Blansko

JeffinPrague-this is awesome! Thanks again so much, you've been so helpful and I love knowing we'll be driving somewhere with some fascinating sights.

If my map skills are correct, (usually unlikely!) we will see the Chateau first, then Buchlov Castle, Slavkov u Brna, then the Peace Monument (looks interesting). Is this correct?

I am not sure what you mean by the "joint route" near Uherske Hradiste? Do we drive off the E50 to another road?

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Driving route suggestion from Trencin, Slovakia to Blansko

Hi, glad to be of help. By "joint route", I mean the part of the route after the two options (the E50 and E54 to E55) meet up. I guess I confused you because there is another option - taking the E54 all the way to Slavkov. Sorry about that. Just stay on the E50 the whole way to Slavkov and you'll be fine.

Otherwise, yes, the order is correct. After the Peace Monument (or Cairn of Peace), you can head back to Slavkov and rejoin the E50, or you can make your way due north along country roads and then link up with the D1 highway. Near the D1 highway is another site from the battle called Žuráň, which was the place where Napoleon led his armies (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%BDur%C3%A1%C5%88).

Enjoy the trip and let me know how it turns out.

Idaho Falls, Idaho
4. Re: Driving route suggestion from Trencin, Slovakia to Blansko

Looks great, we do enjoy historical sights especially "off the beaten track" so to speak. We look forward to seeing the sights, and will let you know when we get back, but that's not until mid-August.....Thank you!

Idaho Falls, Idaho
5. Re: Driving route suggestion from Trencin, Slovakia to Blansko

Just to say this was a great driving route, with some beautiful country! We did stop to see Buchlovice Chateau, and it has been one of my favorite places on our whole trip. And a big plus is that it was not at all crowded, which helped with being able to enjoy it even more. It was incredibly beautiful, both the chateau and the gardens. Fascinating history as well. The castle is also very impressive. We did get lost (even with a GPS!) before Slavkov and ended up on some back roads, but we enjoyed that as well!

Thank you again!

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
6. Re: Driving route suggestion from Trencin, Slovakia to Blansko

Thank you so much for coming back and letting us know how it turned out. I'm glad you had a good trip and enjoyed that part of the country.

7. Re: Driving route suggestion from Trencin, Slovakia to Blansko

Hello :) I read your comment for falconers from Trencin castle in Slovakia, in fact I'm one of them (that youngest) and I'm soooo happy that you like our show :) and I'd like to ask for some photos if you don't mind :) can you please send me them on mail? :) I'd be really glad :) my mail : jezikova.iveta@gmail.com

Thank you very much!!! :))

Reply to: Driving route suggestion from Trencin, Slovakia to Blansko
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted