We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luggage shipping to the Netherlands

Which Brno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, Dubai...
luggage shipping to the Netherlands

Hello tripadvisors,

I am currently studying one semester in Zlin, it's 100 km from Brno. I brought one big suitcase, a backpack and a racing bycicle with me in the plain.

I want to ride the bycicle back from Prague to the Netherlands. In order to do that I want to take only my bycicle and backpack with me and send the suitcase (luggage) back to the Netherlands through some other way.

Can anyone give me advice on how to organize this as cheaply as possible (and of course reliability is also a factor).

Are there any bus companies/shipping companies/airlines that organize the transport of luggage without me actually going with the luggage?

It is no problem to have someone pick up the luggage in the Netherlands (for example in Maastricht or Eindhoven). I know enough people there.

Advice is more than welcome. Thanks in advance!

Pieter

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
1. Re: luggage shipping to the Netherlands

You could try DHL or Fedex.....but not likely to be cheap.

Alternatively through Czech Post Office....take a Czech speaking friend and sort out the packaging/price/general information in one of their main offices in Zlin.

Prague, Czech...
reviews: 27
2. Re: luggage shipping to the Netherlands

a shipping company would certainly be cheaper than DHL/Fedex not so user friendly to contact though.. Most of the bigger ones will have trucks going from Brno to Holland regularly.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 787
3. Re: luggage shipping to the Netherlands

Brno has a big student population so there is likely to be companies that regularly move stuff for them, I know in the UK Mailbox do this for the University i work for,so i am sure there must be similar in Brno.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 158
4. Re: luggage shipping to the Netherlands

You could try this for a quote:

excess-baggage.com/baggage_shipping/baggage_…

Cost/Countries - etc., not sure if it will work..

or

http://www.gvtransport.co.uk/home/?jazyk=en

London
5. Re: luggage shipping to the Netherlands

I use to live in central London till about a month ago with a group of oversea’s students great fun, I used a company called Excess Luggage to send my belongs back to Netherlands to two different occasions, my friend Lidija also used Excess Luggage to ship her boxes to Slovenia. I would recommend these guys, really helpful great customer services, call them on 020 8577 0033.

Web: www.excessluggage.co.uk

6. Re: luggage shipping to the Netherlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 pm, December 08, 2012
7. Re: luggage shipping to the Netherlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Brno