We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport tickets in Brno

Which Brno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 793
Transport tickets in Brno

going to be in the city for a couple of days late may.My hotel is walkable from the train station (650meters Google map) but I will probably use the trams a buses a little bit, I was thinking about a day ticket, might not get full value for it but worth it for the convienience factor.Are they easy enough to get at the main train station and how much do the cost.

I did see some info online but seems a bit confusing as it was mentioning zones etc.

so whats the best ticket for me ,how much is it and where can i buy it..

I will make sure i have plenty of coins if i need to use a vending machine to obtain them.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 159
1. Re: Transport tickets in Brno

Until GCEK comes on, here is some info.

http://www.idsjmk.cz/cenik/CenikEN.pdf (enlarge to read)

http://www.idsjmk.cz/en/

www.czech4you.com/index.php?menuitem=84

I have never bought a day pass anywhere in CZ, so cannot comment if good value or not. This will "bump" the thread, so GCEK will see it:)

Which hotel did you book @ the end? I'm going there in March, so looking @ the hotels now...

Edinburgh, United...
2. Re: Transport tickets in Brno

booked the Cyro, I really wanted the Pegas but it proved too expensive for 2 nights, Cyro comes in at nearly £75 cheaper.

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
reviews: 15
3. Re: Transport tickets in Brno

And you were undoubtedly swayed by that excellent review by our prolific polish contributor:) alas no more.

Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: Transport tickets in Brno

yes his review cam emore from the jotel website than form his own brain, a sad loss of 407 reviews from the TA total.

I actually looked for the hotel on the Norc street view and n 2008 it was just nearing completion, you can see the place but no sign up but the wires for the lights are there.

gets good reviews and only a short walk from the train station and a walk of much the same to the town center. got a few things planned ,some touristy soem beer related so i will have to use the transport system a little bit.

I really don't mind foking out a few extra crowns for a day ticket as it really does save the hassle of having the make sure you have a valid ticket.

i often just jump on trams for a stop or two as it save little bits of time here and there and I enjoy riding them.

Edinburgh, United...
5. Re: Transport tickets in Brno

I must spell check before posting

I must spell check before posting

Kansas City...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Transport tickets in Brno

Actually I understood everything you typed, kinda like this old one a cut and paste:

I cluod not blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch sudty at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thgouht slpeling was ipmorantt.

:-D

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
7. Re: Transport tickets in Brno

Which hotel is it? The beauty of Brno is that you can walk almost everywhere, but it is useful to have a couple of 10 crown tickets just in case - with that you can travel within the inner zone on one tram with no transfer, and you are unlikely to need anything outside that zone, or to make a transfer. Buses are only used on the outlying suburban routes and to the airport. Tickets can be bought from the electronic machines which are outside almost every tram stop nowadays, and the instructions are also in English.

A day ticket is 100 crowns, but you would have to use the trams a world record amount of times in order to get any value out of it :)

Edinburgh, United...
8. Re: Transport tickets in Brno

staying at the Cyro, it is an easy walk from the train station and I will be travelling light.might just buy a few 10 kc tickets and see how i get on.I should arrive about lunchtime (12.30 ish)

I will head somewhere for lunch first, thinking of the brewery bar beside the Starobrno brewery then it is not far of a walk to my hotel to check in about 2.00pm.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
9. Re: Transport tickets in Brno

OK - I posted the above before I read the others. Hotel Cyro is walkable, but best get the tram from the station. There are various ways of doing this, unfortunately the otherwise excellent interactive map on the transport company website appears to be out of date, so ignore that. You will need no. 13 direction Technologický Park two stops to Šilingrovo náměstí, then cross over the road to Pekářská, walk down a bit and turn left or no 2 direction Ústřední hřbitov/ no. 1 direction Ečerova to Hybešova form where you walk up Leitnerova and you!ll hit Anenská - either way you will have to walk a bit as Anenská is on the edge of a hill.

There is a pub near your hotel on the corner with Kopečná which you might enjoy - Restaurace na Anenské - one of the few that is relatively unspoiled, and there would probably be a riot if they glitzed that one up. It is a real spit and sawdust joint, but serves good wholesome food and cheap beer http://www.hospodyvbrne.cz/na-anenske

Around the corner from there on Kopečná is a great little restaurant called Kabaret Špaček (owned by a friend of mine) that has Žatec, Rampušák and Oslavany on tap, and there is a different menu every day at rock-bottom prices http://kabaretspacek.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

Edinburgh, United...
10. Re: Transport tickets in Brno

thaks for that,I like spit and sawdyst places.always great beer.