We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brno - New Year's Eve 2012?

Which Brno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
reviews: 20
Brno - New Year's Eve 2012?

Hi Everyone

My wife and I are thinking of visiting Brno for New Year's Eve, would anyone recommend this?

We have been lucky enough to visit Prague, Amsterdam as well as some UK cities for New Year's Eve and are now thinking of Brno?

We have just returned from a holiday to Prague, (third visit) and found that prices have increased considerably?

Can you also recommend which hotels you would say are best, out of the top 10 on Tripadvisor?

Many thanks

GrahlindWales

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 158
1. Re: Brno - New Year's Eve 2012?

I am sure GCEK will reply to you soon. In the meantime, have a look at:

http://mch-brno.cz/aktuality/silvestr-2011

I do not find good bargains in hotels is Brno & usually stay in Kromeriz or private apartment..though once I stayed in BW Grand - not bad...

www.south-moravia.info/events-calendar/…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274714-d276026…

You could also check Comsa, Europa & others on TA, Frommers, etc.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 7
2. Re: Brno - New Year's Eve 2012?

See my PM

Bargains can usually be found if you negotiate with them directly - they are rarely full, even during the main trade fairs, and Comsa Palace has got a huge bill to pay off for its construction (it is magnificent), so worth trying to knock the price down.

Personally I'm not too keen on the Grand (which isn't a Best Western, but Austria Hotels - the International and A-Austerlitz are Best Westerns). There is also a Holiday Inn, which is neither an inn nor good for holidays - it is purely for trade fair traffic, as is the Voronezh - 1970s monstrosity on the outskirts by the exhibition centre.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
reviews: 37
3. Re: Brno - New Year's Eve 2012?

Stick with Prague..:0)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/prague

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
4. Re: Brno - New Year's Eve 2012?

hehe...much more fun in Prague:)

Wales
reviews: 20
5. Re: Brno - New Year's Eve 2012?

We went to Prague two years ago for NewYear's Eve and really enjoyed, but came back from there last week, and thought, at times we were being ripped off, (check in Prague forum 'Rip off Prague??).

We are hoping to find somewhere which is as Prague used to be, hope we don't offend anyone, we still love the city and it's people.....

Kansas City...
6. Re: Brno - New Year's Eve 2012?

We went to Brno a couple years ago a week or two before Christmas and stayed at the Pegas on the recommendation of GCEK and it was a wonderful stay. We had a lovely room for 3, and it wasn't too bad, I think it was like $79 equiv USD per nite. The bonus of the Pegas is they have a killer brew pub in the downstairs and it's bloody wonderful! They had 4 beers on tap and we managed to soak up 2 of each and the absolute best was their Christmas Special. We had to go out for a walkabout to ease the loud ringing in our ears :-) and by the way the food was great too. We found their Christmas Market on the square about 2 blocks from the hotel. Actually their square is about a triangle and within a nice walk of the train station. You surely could do much worse than the Pegas!

:-D

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 158
7. Re: Brno - New Year's Eve 2012?

You could still visit Kromeriz - if you have time...

Virtual tour:

www.radio.cz/en/static/virtual-kromeriz/

radio.cz/en/static/virtual-kromeriz/church

Lovely Chateau gardens - but not in winter:

radio.cz/en/static/virtual-kromeriz/gardens

as a day trip - bus takes: 1 hr 10 min, train: 1.5 hrs; I prefer bus..

If you can get Pegas for $79 (Snydley's suggestion); take it... That would be a very good value for money... especially for New Year's time....

We usually stay at Boucek Hotel in Kromeriz - (cheaper rate than on website..:)

but not over the Holidays....)

http://www.hotelboucek.cz/hotel

Right now booking.com has great rates on Grand for New Year's - but It is Adv. rate, non-refundable.(49% off?) Yes GCEK - not BW; it has a feel of European BW; I avoid them in the US...just not the same. Still, Snydley's suggestion is the best IMO - see what rate you can get.... Full credit to GCEK; just re-read: "on the recommendation of GCEK ..."

8. Re: Brno - New Year's Eve 2012?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Brno