We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer Tasting

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
Beer Tasting

Hi there,

I hope you are all well? My girlfriend and I are visiting Prague for a couple of days at the end of February and were thinking about some sort of beer tasting. We have very limited knowledge of beer and just wanted to do something a bit different to us.

We noticed a few companies offer beer tasting tours but these generally start at 5pm and we were looking to go a bit later in the evening. Can anyone recommend somewhere that perhaps does some sort of inhouse tasting that gives us a broad overview of the different types and tastes of Czech beers at a reasonable price?

Also, is smoking legal in pubs in Prague? My girlfriend used to be a social smoker and would like to enjoy an indoor cigarette for old time sake.

Thanks.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 791
1. Re: Beer Tasting

Beer Museum Pub should be great for you in the later evening, lots of beers and you can buy small sampler glasses. they have aplace on Dlouha near Old town Square and a new place just opened a few days ago on Americka just beside namesti Miru metro.The one in Dlouha allows smoking but i don't know about the new place

http://www.praguebeermuseum.com/en/home

Edinburgh, United...
2. Re: Beer Tasting

Sounds perfect mate.

Do they do food as well, do you know? The website doesn't have a menu so I presume not.

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 83
3. Re: Beer Tasting

There is Fish & Chips. 21 Dlouha Street. Plus their Burger came near the Top. In the Czech Please Best Prague Burger List.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
reviews: 47
4. Re: Beer Tasting

at some point, you can simply do it yourself...a tap at each table, touch menu, touch jukebox etc.

http://www.thepub.cz/praha-1/?lng=en

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 791
5. Re: Beer Tasting

The beer Museum on Dlouha does limited food,they don't have a kitchen there so the food comes in from a nearby fast food place ( burgers/wings type stuff),don't know about the new place,i would hope so.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
reviews: 19
6. Re: Beer Tasting

pivovarsky dum

http://www.pivovarskydum.com/napoje/

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
reviews: 72
7. Re: Beer Tasting

And in response to your question about smoking, yes, it is legal. Everyone smokes in pubs - some have the benefit of the filter in their cigarette while others just inhale the second-hand smoke.

Edinburgh, United...
8. Re: Beer Tasting

Thanks guys. Beer Museum Pub seems like the best option with over 30 beers to choose from. Although, I do like the idea of the self service at The Pub, novel idea. They don't seem to have as big a range though.

Sacramento
reviews: 1
9. Re: Beer Tasting

It's been several years since Ive been to Prague but U Flecku was a popular brewery pub when I was there. They only serve one kind of beer which makes ordering easy. They serve food too.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
reviews: 72
10. Re: Beer Tasting

U Fleku was a good option 10-20 years ago when it was one of the few brewpubs in Prague. Now there are many of them (Marina, Tri Ruze, U Medviku, Strahov...) so if you want something besides the mass-produced brands, you have plenty of options. And you don't have to suffer through the oompa band and hordes of tourists.