We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Prague or day trip to Czesky Krumlov or KV?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
reviews: 4
Stay in Prague or day trip to Czesky Krumlov or KV?

This July we are spending 5 days in Amsterdam and 6 in Berlin and then we are coming to Prague for 4 and a half days.

Is it worth it to take a side trip (maybe overnight) to Karlovy Vary or Czesky Krumlov or stay put?

I am wondering if Prague will be so packed with tourists that it might be nice to leave for a day - but maybe those other destinations are just as touristy? Opinions welcome!

(Budget is not an issue)

the Czech Republic
reviews: 32
1. Re: Stay in Prague or day trip to Czesky Krumlov or KV?

Cesky Krumlov is a small town of 14,000 people on a river surrounded by hills and forests. In warm weather, it is great to stay in some smaller places in addition to the cities you will be visiting. Make sure to spend at least a night, though, as it can get busy around midday -- it is at its best in the morning and after 5PM in July. At midday, you can take a walk outside of the center or go rafting.

praha
reviews: 10
2. Re: Stay in Prague or day trip to Czesky Krumlov or KV?

I think a trip to krumlov would be worthwhile. Take a day from Berlin and enjoy Prague / Krumlov properly

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
reviews: 47
3. Re: Stay in Prague or day trip to Czesky Krumlov or KV?

KV can be done as a day trip..best access is via bus. for ex. Student Agency Bus

CK is one of my favorites...extremely long day trip..if possible, stay overnight as it is totally different feeling. One of my favorete places-headed there this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8-Vo5Qa6rc

Oldriska-u around this wkd?

Edited: 6:19 am, June 19, 2013
the Czech Republic
reviews: 32
4. Re: Stay in Prague or day trip to Czesky Krumlov or KV?

yes, I will be at the festival

5. Re: Stay in Prague or day trip to Czesky Krumlov or KV?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 21, 2014