We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What I have planned so far(Beer festival Trip)

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 791
What I have planned so far(Beer festival Trip)

just getting all my ideas together for my trip to Prague.

the Beer festival is the main even and I will make quite a few visits there,I am also using Pivero's Bus+ FewBeers+Bus = Great day out list for a few trips but in my own style.

praguepost.com/blogs/…

Thursday 23rd May.

arrive about 6.30 pm , head to hotel Dap, check-in and then head down to the beer festival for my first beer ,have a bite to eat there and a few more beers,if anyone is around I'd be happy to join them.

Friday 24th May.

nothing really stuctured today, just a wander round the city hopefully getting to a couple of the new brew pubs and i do want to try the new Bernard pub but will see how it goes,and probably the new brew pub (marina) near Holesovice might even end up at the beer festival for a couple of afternoon beer, just depends om weather and how i feel. There is a football match on at 6.00pm Dukla are playing Mlada boleslav so will probably head there and the Beer festival afterwards (about 8.30) again happy to meet up with folk anytime during the day or in the evening.

Saturday 25th May.

Morning a nice walk in Stronovka park heading out to the zoo area and maybe a visti to Troja Chateau.

about lunchtime I want to head to the micro brewery Uneticky Pivovar, have a late lunch there ,go on the Brewery tour at 3.00pm then try a few more of the beers afterwards,evening at the beer festival ,though i will have a meal somewhere before hand, again open to folk joining me on my adventure or meeting up afterwards.

Sunday26th May.

going to walk from Karlstejn to Beroun via St John's Under the Rock, fairly early start. I am hopping the hotel or small resturant in St John's will be open so I can get a beer.I intend being in Beroun for about 1.00pm just depends on how early a start I can get.

Once in Beroun a vist to Berounsky Medved is a must and if anyone wants to head to Beroun by train I'd be happy to meet them there are have a beer or two in the Micro brewrey which is just a short walk from the train station.I do intend to spend an hour or so in Beroun just having a wander and seeing the place,will get a train back late afternoon /early evening.After these exertions i think a quiet night is needed but i am up for a couple of beers at the Festival.

Monday 27th May.

Going to the memorial at Ledice this morning,it is only 20 minutes or so by bus from where I am staying.In the afternoon I will head to Kladno for a few beers at the Starokladensky pivovar U Kozliku, it is about 20 minutes by bus from Ledice, and I can get a bus directly back to Prague from there.

evening I might try one of the micro breweries for evening meal before heading to the festival for a couple of late beers..

Tuesday 28th May.

going to the Josef Lada museum in Hrusice,I am not doing the suggested Train /bus route as i want to make a full day of it and head to Mirosovice first and walk the mile or so from there to Hrusice.a tour of the museum and a wander round the village ending up in U Sejku for a meal and a beer.Will walk back to Mirosovice for the train back.Should the weather be wet i will change my plans a bit.

back to Prague for late afternoon. Will be trying somewhere nice for evening meal before heading to the festival for a few beers.

Wednesday 29th May.

my last full day,no real plans but want to visit a few beer shops to stock up on stuff I want to take home, maybe a micro brewery for lunch and do a bit of shopping. If the weather is nice an afternoon beer in Letna park will be taken. Eveing meal will be taken where I fancy and a last trip to the beer festival that evening.

Thursday,30th May.

On my way home today,hopefully will be able to leave my bag at the hotel and pick up later,will have a wander round some of the parks and have lunch in a micro brewery (hopefully U tri RuzI) before heading back and picking my bags up before heading to the airport.Happy to meet up for a farewell lunch with anyone .

well hopefully thats my plans, not everything is set in stone and can change things if need be,but I am travelling on my own so can suit myself .

hopefully I will get the chance to meet up wiht a few folk.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
reviews: 19
1. Re: What I have planned so far(Beer festival Trip)

a man on a mission!

Edinburgh, United...
2. Re: What I have planned so far(Beer festival Trip)

yep, got to try as many beers brewed on the premisis as i can.

I remember a vist many years ago with my mate Andy and we managed to try 12 different beers in a long weekend,well you can do that in a day now easy enough.

BTW thanks for suggesting the Beer festival to us all those years ago,been a real journey since then

Bristol, UK
reviews: 10
3. Re: What I have planned so far(Beer festival Trip)

Sounds like a great plan.

As you have planned to visit some microbreweries that are as yet undecided, can I recommend an interesting one I tried last year? It's Pivovarský Dvůr Chýně, which is in the village of Chyne. Easy to get to, it has it's own bus stop on the 347 route, which leaves from outsode Zilicin metro station - 6 stops away. There is only one bus every hour, so you will need to check the timetable to avoid a long wait.

There is a big restaurant there, with all the brewery coppers, etc inside. This is interesting for a look, but I preferred their small, Olde Worlde pub at the back of the car park called Pivovarsky Krcma. The Dvorni Lezak was great, but better still was the Dark Special (Dvorni Cerne).So good, I had to take a bottle back to my hotel. The food is very good too, filling and inexpensive. I recommend trying the home made lamb sausages (jechneci klobasa).

The website seems to mainly deal with the restaurant and brewery part -

http://www.pivovarskydvur.cz/?lang=en

My album has pictures of the small pub (Krcma)

http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album=GFCCS8HU

Hope this is useful ;-)

Edited: 12:03 pm, April 14, 2013
Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: What I have planned so far(Beer festival Trip)

Thanks for that Whitespirit.I have thought about Pivovarsky Dvur and might do it on the friday as long as i can get back for the football in time, I was also considering the Pivovar Antos in Slany,so many places ,so little time.

might just have to get myself orgainsed and get to Pivorasky Krema for lunch on the Friday, I like the idea of the lamb sausages.

beer and sausages whats not to like.

Edinburgh, United...
5. Re: What I have planned so far(Beer festival Trip)

Love the pictures btw.

Edinburgh, United...
6. Re: What I have planned so far(Beer festival Trip)

the decision has been made I am going to Chyne on the Friday lunchtime,its only 11 minutes on the bus from Zilcin, ok the buses are limited but I can work round that, bus at 11.15 am ,return about 2.00pm, enough time for a nice lunch and a selection of beers

Bristol, UK
reviews: 10
7. Re: What I have planned so far(Beer festival Trip)

Gus

Good choice. It's a good run out of town, without being too far. The small Krcma pub is a better bet than the restaurant. It has a nice feel, some character - almost like an English country pub. I would have felt a bit lost in the big restaurant when I went, as both the restaurant and pub were quiet. I went mid week, late lunch.

It was a cold day when I went, and the roaring fire was most welcome. The beer was first class and the food was simple, filling, country type food, but very well done. When I go again in Nov, I will try to get the others out there for an evening. Will make a change from a pub in town.

One thing to note - the return bus stop is hidden around the corner, not directly opposite the one you get off at. When you leave the pub, walk through the car park to the main road, turn left and walk down road. Not far, but not immediately obvious when you arrive.

Antos looks good. I have put it on my list for Nov. Thanks for the info.

Hope you enjoy it and have a great hol. Look forward to the report.

Ian

Edited: 3:28 pm, April 14, 2013
Edinburgh, United...
8. Re: What I have planned so far(Beer festival Trip)

thanks for all that especially about the bus stop,it is info like that that makes this forum so valuable

Durham, United...
reviews: 5
9. Re: What I have planned so far(Beer festival Trip)

Hi Gus, quite fancy visiting some of the harder to visit 'bus-beer-bus' breweries near Prague myself, the travel is part of the enjoyment I think. Have you seen this site before?

http://www.pividky.cz/mapa.php

Inspirational, for us pivo lovers :-)

Edited: 5:52 pm, April 14, 2013
Washington DC
reviews: 18
10. Re: What I have planned so far(Beer festival Trip)

I hope to see many reports, Unclegus. My trip is not until August, and I hope to learn from the trails you blaze!

The beer at Chyne is excellent; I liked it quite a bit more than that at Beroun. From the pix, I wish I'd had the sense to visit the pub in the back.