We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st v 2nd class trains

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carlisle, United...
reviews: 12
1st v 2nd class trains

I'm a wheelchair usser and trying to book train travel from prague to Vienna to Budapest. Think (hope) we've got some assistance sorted and it's been suggested we go for 1st class. Wha'ts teh benefit? Do we get drinks/food like do in the UK or not?

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 6
1. Re: 1st v 2nd class trains

I have not taken overnight ones to other countries but within the country they always sold me 2nd class ones though on the trains there 1st and 2nd were exactly the same.

Carlisle, United...
reviews: 12
2. Re: 1st v 2nd class trains

We're going in the day, but wondered what first class gave you e.g. drinks/food/more room, for the extra money!!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
3. Re: 1st v 2nd class trains

No drinks, no food, not much extra space, if any, but all the trains have disabled compartments, usually in second class only - you can look the train up here to see the position of the carriage. www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/razeni.php… - second class seats are generally more comfortable than first class seats on a British train, and first class just has different coloured seats.

Prague - Vienna is €19 from www.cd.cz/eshop there is a restaurant car on all trains, but it is best to bring your own. However it is quite nice to sit in there and watch the world go by. The trains are generally a LOT roomier than their British counterparts!

4. Re: 1st v 2nd class trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Prague