We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plzen Train Station Lockers?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
reviews: 53
Plzen Train Station Lockers?

What is the best thing to do with luggage (backpacks) when visiting Plzen? I assume there are lockers in the train station. Does anyone know if the Urquell Brewery tour has a place to drop off bags?

We will be taking the train from Prague to Plzen in the morning, and taking the 12:45 English tour. I expect the tour to take about 90 minutes, so we will then have to hurry off to the train station to catch the 3:00 train to Nurnberg.

I'm just hoping we aren't cutting time too close, and have a safe place for our bags while we take the tour.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 791
1. Re: Plzen Train Station Lockers?

can't help with lockers but I am pretty sure there are some there,all the other train stations I have been in have lockers.You could email the brewery and ask if they will look after your bags.

I have done the tour a few times, and it should be finished by 2.00pm giving you plenty time to get back to the train station.The Brewry is about a 5 minute or so walk from the train station.

Edited: 9:30 am, December 14, 2012
Orlando, Florida
reviews: 53
2. Re: Plzen Train Station Lockers?

Thanks, Unclegus! I was worried we would be cutting it close on time.

We're going to come into Plzen early and walk to the square, then eat at Na Parkanu (opens at 11am). I have to drink as much unfiltered Urquell as possible in just a couple hours! :)

After hopping back on the train, we're headed to Bamberg. From Prague to Plzen to Bamberg in one day! That's a lot of beer!

I will write the brewery and see if they have a luggage drop. I am forcing my friends to get backpacks, so worst case is we have to wear them on the tour.

Edinburgh, United...
3. Re: Plzen Train Station Lockers?

I was doing a search online and from what I can see there are lockers that cost 30kc though that price may be out of date.

On the brewery tour you get to try the beer from the great barrels in the cellars, make sure you grab a large glass instead of a small one, the beer is quite superb.The Shop within the brewery is pretty good if you need souvineers.

Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: Plzen Train Station Lockers?

info@icpilsen.cz

email for the tourist info in Plzen , they will be able to tell you about luggage lockers in the train station for sure.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
5. Re: Plzen Train Station Lockers?

To get to Bamberg from Plzen use a Bayern-Boehmen ticket which you can buy in Plzeň (or in Prague) on the day. It costs €25 plus €4.50 for all extra passengers up to a maximum of 5 and gives you unlimited travel between Plzeň and the German border and throughout Bavaria using regional trains.

There is another train at 1606 that you could use - it involves a couple of easy changes, but is quicker than going through Nuremberg and you only arrive 30 minutes after you would have done if you got the earlier train.

For times see www.idos.cz (English bottom right)

There are almost definitely coin-operated lockers at the station.

Edited: 10:57 am, December 14, 2012
Florida
reviews: 35
6. Re: Plzen Train Station Lockers?

I was in Plzen earlier this year, and it was still not possible to buy the Bayern-Boehmen Ticket in the Czech Republic (only in Germany).

Has that changed????

I hope so!!!!

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
reviews: 3
7. Re: Plzen Train Station Lockers?

It was a single ticket you wanted wasn't it?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
8. Re: Plzen Train Station Lockers?

You can definitely buy it in Prague, so it might be safest to buy it there.

9. Re: Plzen Train Station Lockers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 17, 2013