We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer Festival Meet up Thread

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 787
Beer Festival Meet up Thread

http://www.ceskypivnifestival.cz/en/

the beer festival is soon to be upon us all.many folk have expressed arranging meet ups during this period .If we can keep this thread bumped up over the next several weeks folk can post details of when they will be available for meet ups and arrange a place and time.

I am not sure of the new layout so cant really suggest a meeting point,but I do have a Trip Advisor Flag that I can place on a table but I am open to suggestions.

The smaller variety tent will be there again and I would suggest this as the best meting point mainly because its the tent most of us will end up in anyway,it is described as Tent B and most likely will have a big board outside with A4 sized prited pages on it telling you what beers are available.

Edited: 6:53 am, April 10, 2012
Edinburgh, United...
1. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

I will be in the Czech Republic from the 25th May (early evening) till 1 st June (late afternoon)

I will be heading to Brno on the 28thMay (morning) and returning to Prague on the 30thMay (afternoon).

I am hoping to meet as many folk as I can a share a beer or three.

London
reviews: 1
2. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

We arrive on the 31st for two nights so I imagine we'll do the festival on the first night, and then stick to the city centre on the Friday. I'll keep an eye out for the flag!

Edited: 12:34 pm, April 11, 2012
Edinburgh, United...
3. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

I should be there the thursday evening , heading home late friday

Stenhousemuir
reviews: 2
4. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

Beer festival? Gus, your posts are confusing.

Is the beer festival in Brno or Prague?

Edinburgh, United...
5. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

its in Prague but during the week i am in the czech republic I will be spending 2 nights in Brno just to check the brewery and a couple of micro breweries there

Stenhousemuir
6. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

Gus - Bump. At my age a liter is too much for me as well.

Stenhousemuir
7. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

Zum Teufel -warum nicht? The Prague Beer Festival.

London, United...
8. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

will be there 27th anyone wants to meet up will seated at the entrance 3 of us at last count .... will be hitting best prague pubs for 4 days' not the tourist traps brno sounds good gus

Edinburgh, United...
9. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

I will be there on the 27th not sure what time but I will have a Trip Advisor Flag which i will put out on the edge of the table, just look for a wee fat baldy Scotsman with specs and a goatee beard.I will most likely be in the "Variety Tent, Pivini Rozmanitost" in Krizik hall C

Not been to Brno before so really looking forward to it, meeting up with one of the TA guys from there cause he keeps banging on how good it is.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
10. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

The Starobrno brewery isn't strictly one for the purists (owned by Heineken), but IMO it isn't terrible. You'll see for yourself, though!

Don't worry, though, we'll get through a wide selection of what the city has to offer, just hope you're up to it (actually hope I am up to it, more like :) )