We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time in Pragus

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
First Time in Pragus

Hi there. What is the current exchange rate for £ in Prague ? Is it better to cahnge the currency over here in UK (£1 = 40.32 CK).

Any recommendatons for good eating places ?

Prague
reviews: 20
1. Re: First Time in Pragus

On www/kolik.cz you will find the actual exchange rate and where to get the best exchange rates in Town.

I find it difficult to help with restaurants, if a request is not a bit more spesific, sorry.

Prague
2. Re: First Time in Pragus

www.kolik.cz of course, sorry

Wales
3. Re: First Time in Pragus

Thx Martina. Re restaurants we are staying at Hotel Raffaello. Any good ones near there - especially sea food ones.

Prague
4. Re: First Time in Pragus

Hi!

The street is very busy, make sure you get a quite room, before you get there.

Restaurants: Chez Marcel sur la butte (Americka) is a bistro french type restaurant, Lemon Leaf (Myslikova) is "hot" asian and more pricy, a real fish restaurant is Ryby trh, right down town (Tynsky Dvur), rather pricy. If you like Sushi, the best you get in Hanil (Slavikova), btu there is a Shusi bar in Slovansky Dum down town, but I don't know it.

reviews: 11
5. Re: First Time in Pragus

Koolerman. I would at least exchnage some Czech crowns in England when you come; the commission is lower and you often have commission free exchange of any excess. Having Czech crowns will also help you avoid having stress in finding money as soon as you come. Exchange bureaux are notorious in Prague at giving people a bad deal. Most people posting have commented that it is easier withdrawing cash from ATM's, but check on the charge that your bank will make first and withdrawing more and less frequently will reduce charges.

Not many restaurants near Legerova. There is a good mediterranean restaurant called Ponte on Anglicka and an excellent steak house called JB Club on Katerinska.

Seafood restaurants are far between and expensive and as a word of warning; look at a menu sceptically and repeat to yourself "it is a long way from the sea" before you order. Perhaps the best seafood restaurant that is not outrageously expensive is Reykjavik, on Karlova halfway between the old town square and charles bridge. Looks totally touristic from the outside, but its not.

Prague
6. Re: First Time in Pragus

Yeah, stay away from the exchange offices! The web page I mentioned will find the best banks for changing money - I always use it, when I have to exchange money here.

Wales
7. Re: First Time in Pragus

Thx Martina and Peb for tips.