We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in Prague - too long?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 7
7 days in Prague - too long?

I'm going to be there for 7 days in late August and have heard that you can see all there is to see in just a few days. I know that isn't the case (from my research I see that Prague has a plethora of things to see), but is it better to make a shorter trip?

Thanks.

reviews: 11
1. Re: 7 days in Prague - too long?

7 days will not be too much if you combine a trip outside of the city to say Cesky Krumlov, Karlsteijn, Konopiste or Karlovy Vary.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 791
2. Re: 7 days in Prague - too long?

yes there is plenty to do for 7 days.take your time and look through your info and plan your trip accordingly.there are lots of museums and galleries to visit as well as the castle area,Charles bridge and hundreds of intresting buildings.time can be spent relaxing in the many cafes and beerhalls and eating in the resturants.Night life consists of Jazz bars,opera,theatre,clasical music as well asmany other types of entertainment. there are lots of shops and markets to see.Visits can be made quite easily to many other intresting towns and villages within easy reach of Prague.make a list of all the things you want to do and see but do not try to pack to much in and leave yourself plenty of time to relax and chill out.

I have been to Prague 5 times now and I am planning my 6th trip this comming March and I am trying to limit the things I want to do and see.as i am only there for a week.

San Francisco...
reviews: 7
3. Re: 7 days in Prague - too long?

Thank you for the responses.

Peb...which of those towns outside of Prague would you recommend?

reviews: 11
4. Re: 7 days in Prague - too long?

Those in the order I have mentioned

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 791
5. Re: 7 days in Prague - too long?

i loved karlsteijn and it is very easy to get to.If you like beer a trip to Plsen may be intresting .they have the Pilsner Urquell brewery there( where the golden beer was invented) and you can take a tour .there is also a very good brewing museum.The town is fairly industrial but the main town square is quite intresting an there are a few good bars and resturants

The O.C.in U.S.
reviews: 12
6. Re: 7 days in Prague - too long?

We just spent in May 3 days in Berlin and 3 days in Prague.Seven days might be too much-unless a few side trips.Would recommend Cesky Krumlov for one such trip.Get "Best of Europe" by Rick Steves in library or bookstores.It's a gem for useful info.,maps and suggestions.Also can take a train to Austria, Germany or Poland for a few days from Prague.You have a lot of options.Have a great trip.