We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prague with a baby

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madrid, Spain
reviews: 1
prague with a baby

Hi,

I'm going to Prague in July with my husband and our 7-months old baby daughter. I am looking for a good quality hotel (4-5*) with big rooms and within walking distance to the main tourist attractions. Has anyone been in Prague with a baby? any feedback would be great

Thanks in advance!

Prague
reviews: 21
1. Re: prague with a baby

When dealing with 5 star hotels you can request details on roomsize. Even telling them you have a baby will get you a bigger room if available. For info on places where you can find "baby friendly" places, take a look at the page at www.livingprague.com/kids.htm. We've seen 2 babies grow up here and my experience is in this page. Hotel recommendation www.metamorphis.cz or www.ungelt.cz would be good places to start.

Jason

www.livingprague.com

reviews: 11
2. Re: prague with a baby

Byss. Try the Renaissance or Marriott and ask for a family room. They are both in the same street only 15 minutes walk from the old town square

Madrid, Spain
3. Re: prague with a baby

Thanks,

I have booked the palace praha, is it Ok?

4. Re: prague with a baby

Palace Hotel is a fine hotel located right in the centre of Prague and very near the Mothercare shop, if you need.

Prague
5. Re: prague with a baby

If you go into Mothercare to find the Baby Changing room, it is not there. You have to walk all the way through the shop and around to the right where it becomes "Next" and the baby room is behind the sales counter in the corner.

Jason

Madrid, Spain
6. Re: prague with a baby

Thanks both of you, one last question, at the airport, is it easy to find taxis? do any of them have baby-seats? The answer to my last question will probably be negative, but just in case! I don't want to travel with my baby car seat in the luggage!

Prague
7. Re: prague with a baby

We got around this by buying a "stroller" that a baby seat fitted onto so, we had it for general use and not just for transport. The Airport taxis do not have baby seats. Cedaz may have some but, you would have to send a mail to them to ask, their webpage is at http://www.praguer.com/transport. Lastly you can try www.prague-airport-shuttle.com as they used to provide car seats on request for free.

Jason

8. Re: prague with a baby

Taxis are in abundance at the airport; although at some peak times, when a number of planes come in at once, you sometimes have to wait for 10-15 minutes.

I would bring your baby seat if you take a taxi; the way taxi drivers drive, it may not be safe without them. Better still, consider having your hotel arrange for a more caring slower safer hotel car to pick you up (which may cost more, but may give you less worry).