We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

english fast food / cheap english food

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scunthorpe, United...
reviews: 8
english fast food / cheap english food

hi, im really a fussy eater even with an english menu in front of me. so i expect a nightmare when it comes to eating in prague.

Can anyone tell me of some good fast food places or places that sell cheap english/american style food?

i would be ever so grateful and so would my worried little stomach. LOL.

Fort Drum, New York
1. Re: english fast food / cheap english food

hey, Im picky too but loved the food there. The description may not sound appetizing, but trust me, it's great. I was there for a month and miss the food so much. either way, there are McDonalds everywhere.

Theres nothing too wild. Just stick with chicken, and its a win. I was brave one day, and tried something (can't remeber the name) but its raw find ground beed, w/ a raw egg in the middle and its surrounded by different spices and served with garlic toast. You mix it all together and spread it on the toast. YUM, like you wouldn't believe, it took me a few bite to get over the whole raw meat thing (I dont normally even eat red meat). Unfortunatly, that was our last night, so after I couldn't be creative w/ new tries.

I just recommend trying new things. Chicken, like I said is always a win and make sure to ask for english menu's.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 791
2. Re: english fast food / cheap english food

there are Macdonalds and KFC's all over Prague but if you have to eat in these places why travel abroad?The local food is very good and plentiful in portions .the traditional meal is roast pork with gravy,bread dumplings and saurkraut and is delicious.most of the bars and resturants have english menus and things llike chicken ,ham,duck,pork ,beef and venison are usually available.food tends to be simply cooked with light gravies and very little spices,the most common herb used is carroway seeds(a very slight aniseed flavour).I have been to Prague 5 times now and have always found the food to be great and very cheap.Please try something different ,if you dont like it you can always go to a macdonalds later.go on some of the tourist web sites and look up resturants ,they often have sample menus on pop-ups

try www.pragueexperience.com

www.visitprague.cz

www.prague.cz

www.praguecitytourist.com

live a little ,you never know a trip to Prague may change your eating habits for life.

have fun

Alan

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: english fast food / cheap english food

Hi

Goulash and dumplings are to die for, so cheap that even if you buy them and don't like them you can still go to an american fast food outlet and fill up there. Prague is full of delicious food, nobody could turn their noses up at schnitzel, salad and potatoes surely. Do try something a bit different you may be opening up a new world to yourself, and your companions, being with a fussy eater is a bit of a bore. Sorry

reviews: 11
4. Re: english fast food / cheap english food

If you want English food, then go to one of the English or Irish pubs (George and Dragon, Caffreys, or Legends), but it won't be like your in Prague, you will be surrounded by other Brits. Most Czech restaurants do simple good international food that doesn't put most people off. Rekjavik also serves some very authentic fish and chips

Scunthorpe, United...
5. Re: english fast food / cheap english food

there is no two ways about it. i am extremely fussy and will not eat Prague cuisine. I apologise for it but i am not visiting Prague on Holiday for the food. If i don't like the food i will simply not eat it. I don't want this to spoil my holiday which is why i am asking for advise on where to purchase/eat more traditional english/american meals.

London
reviews: 1
6. Re: english fast food / cheap english food

Most restuarants and pubs have menus in English. It's very easy to get things like steak and chips, pasta dishes and pizza in most of them.

I think it would be a shame to miss out on the Czech food, but that's your choice. To me, sampling the local cuisine in part of the holiday experience.

As has already been said, you will find McDonalds and KFC quite easily around the city, and there are also fast food kiosks selling hotdogs and burgers especially around Wenceslas Square (although I guess the same precautions as a burger van in the UK with regards to food poisoning potential).

To be honest, you can eat a very English/American diet in most of the restaurants without having to resort to fast food. You'll be fine.