We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to the Czech Republic to teach English

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 2
Moving to the Czech Republic to teach English

Hi all,

I am planning on moving to the Czech Republic to teach English for a year. If anyone lives there (or has visted for a long period of time) and wants to offer and advice, tips, or suggestions, I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Regina

Dayton, OH
reviews: 3
1. Re: Moving to the Czech Republic to teach English

our daughter just did the same thing. She finished her certification training in early March. Had a job a week later. It doesn't pay much but should cover her costs. If interested give me an E Mail address and I'll see if she can get back to you. Internet is a little dodgy right now because she has to go to a bar (Jama) to connect. we get a couple of E mails a week. She's having a good time but is very busy starting the new job.

reviews: 11
2. Re: Moving to the Czech Republic to teach English

Go to www.expats.cz where you will find answers to most questions you have

Prague
3. Re: Moving to the Czech Republic to teach English

Hi Regina,

I don't know if you are already here or not but either way feel free to contact me if there's anything specific you would like to ask.

I have been living here in Prague for 5 years.

Ahoj,

Ricky

Prague
4. Re: Moving to the Czech Republic to teach English

Hi Regina,

I don't know if you are already here or not but either way feel free to contact me if there's anything specific you would like to ask.

I have been living here in Prague for 5 years.

Ahoj,

Ricky

California
5. Re: Moving to the Czech Republic to teach English

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for your reply! I leave on Saturday, and will be there for two weeks starting Sunday. In July, I make the big move, and will be in Prague for a year. I am from Southern California, and I am having trouble deciding what type of clothes to pack. Would jeans be okay?? Or is that too casual?? I don't think that a sweater would be warm enough. According to the weather reports, it's 55 degrees during the day, and about 34 degrees at night. That's cold to me. Right now, it's 74 degrees in Los Angeles. Any tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!

Regina

California
6. Re: Moving to the Czech Republic to teach English

Hi Nellie,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. You can have your daughter e-mail me at Regtraveler@aol.com

Thanks!

Regina

California
7. Re: Moving to the Czech Republic to teach English

Hi Peb7,

Thanks for the link!

Regina

Dayton, OH
8. Re: Moving to the Czech Republic to teach English

Regina,

I've sent your E Mail address to my daughter, Kate. I hope she gets a chance to get back to you before you leave.

We're going over to see her at the end of April for a week. Can't wait it looks wonderful and Kate has been having a great time - even with the somewhat intense school/work requirements.

Good luck with your adventure!

Steve (nellie)

Dayton, OH
9. Re: Moving to the Czech Republic to teach English

regina,

I almost forgot. Kate has put up a little website at www.lekat.blogspot.com with quite a few pictures she's taken over the weeks. You might find it interesting. She has an odd sense of humor you'll see (Her mother and I did what we could).

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
10. Re: Moving to the Czech Republic to teach English

Hi Nellie

I've just taken a look at your daughters website and her pictures are just wonderful. I've put it among my favourites to revisit. We went to Prague at Easter and I've just booked to go back again next year. After looking at her 'dawn' pictures I feel I should drag myself out of bed very early and experience that kind of beauty myself.

Best wishes

Jackie