We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in Cesky Krumlov

Which Cesky Krumlov hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamar
reviews: 2
Accomodation in Cesky Krumlov

In danger of the post beeing deleted (tripasvisor is linked up to some booking-services) I still take the chance to give some advices.

Cesky Krumlov have hundreds of accomodation sites on offer. We all have different needs, mine is just a bed, since I spend most of the time out enjoying the town, or sleeping. But that is me! Tripadviser is a fine place to see different people with different needs, rewiewing the places.

I am not a hostel guy, so I am looking for pensions. But they have not single rooms usually, so travelling allone for the best price I try to be wise....

First of all: Dont use the booking agencies!

-I have never used them myself, so this is only logical thinking, but there are some obvious reasons.

- I have read stories about people that are forced to pay twice. They blame the spot, but they only want their money, and when this happens, it must be the booking agencys fault.

-- There is a lot of competition among all the spots offering accomodation in Krumlov. The booking companies just offer fixed prices, that varies in seasons. I never see the prices that I pay in the prices from the agency. Mostly they are much more expensive.

- So what do I do? I find a list of accomodation that is most comprehensive. I google a lot, and I use this list: www.ckrumlov.info/php/katalog/uby/select.php…

The important thing is to get the E-mail adress to as many opsions within your needs as posible. Write to as many as possible, tell your needs, and ask for best price! They may have some vakancy, people that dont show up, people that cancel the order, and so on. But most important: When you e-mail them in a kind of questioning way, they understand that you e-mail several, and they will strech to give you a good price.

- When you combine your best offers with rewievs (Read them with caution and all your senses open) You may find something cheap and good.

- I have found cheap accomodation in Krumlov travelling allone, not much more expensive than the hostels, but far more comfortable.

- It always helpes to stay longer periodes. Then you can have a real bargain. But if you do, you are more able to experiance the magic that this town has to give. I have been there over 25 times! (From Norway)

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 159
1. Re: Accomodation in Cesky Krumlov

Good points, should help others

Brasilia-Brazil
reviews: 12
2. Re: Accomodation in Cesky Krumlov

thanks. i`m going now to do the same. slowwwwwwwly. by

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
3. Re: Accomodation in Cesky Krumlov

I think your post is very informative!

No one will delete it because it tells people not to use booking agencies.

I NEVER use booking agencies myself!

I read reviews on Trip Advisor and on a site like Venere because to write a review on Venere the people have to actually stay in the hotel they are reviewing. Then I compare the reviews.

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Accomodation in Cesky Krumlov

Hi anyone know how to travel from cesky krumlov to st gilgen /st wolfgang? Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Accomodation in Cesky Krumlov

In addition, pls advice on what we can do in cesky since u have explored there many times. Tthanks.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 159
6. Re: Accomodation in Cesky Krumlov

Re: cesky krumlov to st gilgen /st wolfgang?

Shuttle or Westbus/Westbahn to Salzburg - then taxi?

See map: https://westbus.at/

You could also contact the local Tourist Office - see links:

…salzkammergut.at/en/home/austria/poi/104803…

visit-salzburg.net/surroundings/st-gilgen-wo…

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
reviews: 45
7. Re: Accomodation in Cesky Krumlov

Krumlov

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8-Vo5Qa6rc

rotating theater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRAqza9x9Pg

various festivals..depending upon when you visit

Edited: 2:20 am, May 19, 2013
Cesky Krumlov...
8. Re: Accomodation in Cesky Krumlov

Re: cesky krumlov to st gilgen /st wolfgang?

Some CK based shuttles can take you directly to St. Gilgen or St. Wolfgang on their way from/to Salzburg or Hallstatt. That may depend on their schedule on a particular day. Just ask them.

If not, there is a direct bus between Salzburg at St. Gilgen and bus connection with one change between Salzburg and St. Wolfgang. Find your connection here: http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp

Here is the list of transport companies approved by the city of Cesky Krumlov:

ckrumlov.info/php/…

9. Re: Accomodation in Cesky Krumlov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 21, 2014