In danger of the post beeing deleted (tripasvisor is linked up to some booking-services) I still take the chance to give some advices.
Cesky Krumlov have hundreds of accomodation sites on offer. We all have different needs, mine is just a bed, since I spend most of the time out enjoying the town, or sleeping. But that is me! Tripadviser is a fine place to see different people with different needs, rewiewing the places.
I am not a hostel guy, so I am looking for pensions. But they have not single rooms usually, so travelling allone for the best price I try to be wise....
First of all: Dont use the booking agencies!
-I have never used them myself, so this is only logical thinking, but there are some obvious reasons.
- I have read stories about people that are forced to pay twice. They blame the spot, but they only want their money, and when this happens, it must be the booking agencys fault.
-- There is a lot of competition among all the spots offering accomodation in Krumlov. The booking companies just offer fixed prices, that varies in seasons. I never see the prices that I pay in the prices from the agency. Mostly they are much more expensive.
- So what do I do? I find a list of accomodation that is most comprehensive. I google a lot, and I use this list: www.ckrumlov.info/php/katalog/uby/select.php…
The important thing is to get the E-mail adress to as many opsions within your needs as posible. Write to as many as possible, tell your needs, and ask for best price! They may have some vakancy, people that dont show up, people that cancel the order, and so on. But most important: When you e-mail them in a kind of questioning way, they understand that you e-mail several, and they will strech to give you a good price.
- When you combine your best offers with rewievs (Read them with caution and all your senses open) You may find something cheap and good.
- I have found cheap accomodation in Krumlov travelling allone, not much more expensive than the hostels, but far more comfortable.
- It always helpes to stay longer periodes. Then you can have a real bargain. But if you do, you are more able to experiance the magic that this town has to give. I have been there over 25 times! (From Norway)